Handsets' Promise--And Limits
- INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC. Etches-Johnson, Amanda // Access (1204-0472);Summer2010, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p26
The article focuses on the connection of web 2.0 applications in mobile devices. It states that the present mobile development could be credited with saving web 2.0 from a decline through relative obscurity. It mentions that the smart web 2.0 companies and platforms are retooling their...
- This month in Labs. . .: High speed, no need. Race, Nick // APC (Bauer Media Group);Jul2008, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p26
The author reflects on the report from the Australian Communications and Media Authority on third-generation (3G) services in Australia. He points that only one third of people who have a 3G phone use 3G services because the services are expensive and the platform is not easy to use and not...
- Web Wins. Lie, Håkon Wium // Technology Review;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p15
The article focuses on the use of Web applications (apps) in computing which can perform better than any other forms of software. It says that Web apps are beneficial for it have Web browsers which can run different kinds of devices including mobile phones, tablets, and game consoles. Moreover,...
- Qualcomm premieres thin phone. // RCR;01/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p46
Features the Qualcomm Thin Phone cellphone from Qualcomm Inc. Capabilities of the unit and its internal battery; Specifications; Technology used in developing the unit.
- Phones jump into PDA territory. D'Amico, Mary Lisbeth // InfoWorld;09/28/98, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p40
Reports on Qualcomm Inc.'s testing of its pdQ smartphone, a mobile telephone with Web access that uses the operating system of 3Com's Palm personal digital assistants (PDAs). Utilization of Code Division Multiple Access technology; Dimensions and features of the mobile phone.
- Web-Enabling Legacy Applications. Mallder, Spencer; Gavurin, Stu // Business Communications Review;Oct99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p51
Features a guideline for network managers in the planning stages of Web-enablement projects. Advantage of Web-enabling legacy systems; Application of the Web browsers; Business management through Web hosting to an Internet service provider.
- Get your warehouse on track. // Frontline Solutions;Oct2000, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p63
Features the IntelliTrack, a system for warehouse management, and Falcon Lynx Browser from PSC. Accessibility of the system in two versions; Description of the products; Use of the browser as a Web-based application.
- Image-Browser Taxonomy and Guidelines for Designers. Plaisant, Catherine; Carr, David; Shneiderman, Ben // IEEE Software;Mar95, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p21
Introduces an informal specification technique to describe two-dimensional browsers. Limitations of one and two one-dimensional scroll bars; Features of two-dimensional browsers; Illustration of terms used to describe browsers.
- Eyeing The Power Of Browsers. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;2/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the effort of cellular phone maker to integrate browser software. Release of the browser software from Openwave; Integration of the browser software of Access on Sanyo handsets; Features of the software.