Endure An Ad, Make A Free Call
- Spotcast tries ad-sponsored wireless in Hong Kong. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p44
Reports that Spotcast Communications Inc. has completed the beta testing of its localized, advertisement-sponsored mobile communications service with its first carrier customer, Peoples Telephone Co. Spotcast's revelation of preliminary discussions with several mobile wireless phone companies...
- WILL ADS ON THE MOBILE DELIVER? Madden, Normandy; Osborne, Magz // Ad Age Global;Dec2000, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p42
Features the Spotcast Communications software company founded by Craig and Marc Owensby in Hong Kong, China in December 2000. Features of the company's mobile advertising delivery system; Offices of the company in London, England and Hong Kong, China; Plan to diversify Spotcast's services.
- Advertisers Target Wireless Phones. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;08/16/99, Vol. 5 Issue 33, p22
Offers a look into the idea of wireless phone commercials. Plans of Spotcast Communications Inc.; Projections of Star*Free; Advantages of precision targeting in wireless advertising.
- Mobile phone company Spotcast seeks agency. // Marketing Week;4/6/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p15
Reports that British mobile phone company Spotcast Communications is looking for a media agency to handle a pan-European account. Offer of free calls to mobile phone users in return for listening to advertisements; Plan to launch an advertising-sponsored information service.
- Hear ads, get discount. Mullen, Georgia // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Sep99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p18
Reports discount rate programs of SPOTCAST and the Peoples Telephone Co. for mobile phone users in the United States. Results of the survey on Hong Kong mobile phone users.
- Buyer, Beware! // Scholastic Action;3/22/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p17
Suggests ways in which to analyze a free cell phone advertisement.
- Wireless advertising needs to improve ratings to gain share. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;6/3/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p8
Talks about mobile advertising in the U.S. Obstacles to overcome by mobile advertising; Status of the U.S. market for mobile advertising; Significance of interoperability agreements for SMS among carriers; Reason domestic mobile operators are hesitant about widespread dissemination of advertising.
- More than a one-hit wonder? Winker, Steve // Marketing Week;9/27/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 33
Reports the versatility of using mobile device as an advertising medium for industries in Europe. Importance of maintaining relationship between information provision and promotion; Benefits of permission-based campaigns; Development of a code of practice for mobile advertisers.
- Mobile ad industry survey. // Marketing Week;9/27/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 33
Focuses on the results of the Mobile Advertising Industry Survey in Great Britain as of 2001. Percentage of respondents wanting advertising to be opt in; Inhibition of the fear of invasion of privacy from adopting mobile advertising; Personalization of the mobile advertising.