BAM Joins Ranks For Wireless Internet Subs
- Internet: Embrace Me. Lockwood, Judith // Wireless Week;02/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p4
Comments on the convergence of telecommunication and the Internet in the United States. Web access services launched by Sprint PCS and Bell Atlantic Mobile; Banking services through mobile telecommunication systems; Development of telecommunication systems for use in electronic commerce.
- Bell Atlantic Mobile introduces new service. // New Hampshire Business Review;01/28/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p24
Reports on Bell Atlantic Mobile's launch of its Internet service called Web Access Plus in New Hampshire.
- News briefs. // RCR;03/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p3
Reports on developments concerning the wireless communications industry in the United States as of March 22, 1999. Includes Omnipoint Corp.'s receipt of proposals from potential strategic equity investors; Projected number of customers that Sprint PCS will gain during the first quarter of 1999;...
- Digital carriers get aggressive with on-demand data. Palechar // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/06/99, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p30
Reports on cellular communications carriers' offering of on-demand Internet content to digital telephone users. Bell Atlantic Mobile Inc.'s partnership with Sprint PCS to offer the said services; AT&T Corp.'s plans to offer a pair of digital TDMA quad-mode telephones that will be the first...
- Price Per Minute In Major Cities. // Wireless Week;01/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p16
Presents a graph of airtime pricing model of wireless communication systems operators in major cities in the United States. AT&T Wireless Services; Bell Atlantic Mobile Analog; Sprint PCS.
- Sprint Nextel to cut 4000 jobs. Jackson, Donny // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2008, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p11
The article reports on the plan of Sprint Nextel Corp. to curtail its number of employees and to close some of its retail outlets as a result of subscriber losses in the U.S. According to the article, the company lost 683,000 post-paid subscribers and 202,000 traditional prepaid subscribers...
- Sprint PCS turns out Internet-access package. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p30
Reports that Sprint PCS' introduction of commercial Internet-access services will commence in September 1999. Target clientele and features of Sprint PCS Wireless Web; Special offer to Sprint PCS customers who have signed up for plans worth $30 or more; Announcement of nationwide availability...
- WHISPERS. // Inter@ctive Week;09/11/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 36, p58
Provides information on Internet service providers as of September 11, 2000. Description of a data service launched by Alltel; Details on a mobile Internet venture capital fund created by Ericsson and three partners; Plan of Sprint PCS to use an application platform from Air2Web.
- Sprint Nextel set to ditch PC song downloads. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;10/6/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p6
The article reports that Sprint Nextel Corp. has set to remove downloading of songs from its Sprint Music Store service to desktop computer effective on October 15, 2008. Sprint has advertised this notice to its home page to inform their customers that all Sprint Music Store sales will be...