Canada Wraps Up Broadband Auction
- COOL LINKS. Martinek, Marcia // Wireless Review;02/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p24
Examines the status of wireless-broadband communication systems in Canada as of February 2001. Problems associated with the auction system of Canada for broadband wireless licenses; Services provided by Stream Intelligent Networks company; Significance of the merger between Wispra company and...
- Round 25: PCS bidding speeds up. Wayne, Debra // RCR;9/23/96, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p1
Focuses on the auctions of the D-, E-, and F-block broad band personal communication services licenses in Washington. Indepth look at the financial aspects of bids; Names of the 10 top bidders; Comments from auction analyst Taylor Simmons, of Simmons Associates on Washington.
- Bahrain set to launch 4G mobile telecom auction. // 2.5G-4G;Feb2013, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on the approval given by the Cabinet of the Kingdom of Bahrain on an auction for fourth generation (4G) mobile telephone frequencies as part of efforts to upgrade broadband infrastructure in the country.
- Nepal : NEPAL GOVERNMENT seeks sale of two lots of 2.3GHz spectrum. // TendersInfo News;8/16/2014, p1
The article reports on the plan of the government of Nepal to sell technology-neutral spectrum for wireless broadband services.
- 700 MHz Broadband for Mission Critical Public Safety Data. Rodier, Pascal // Wavelength;2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p11
The article focuses on the creation of the Tri-Services Special Purpose Committee on 700 MHz Broadband for Mission Critical Public Safety Data in Canada. It says that the creation of the committee followed after Industry Canada's broadband allocations consultations. It tells that one of the...
- Canadian auction gets moving. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;10/25/99, Vol. 237 Issue 17, p10
Reports on the bid made by Canadian telecommunication companies for the 24 and 38 Gigahertz communication spectrum in the country. Top bidders at the auction; Division of the licenses by Industry Canada.
- One & Done. Wickham, Rhonda // Wireless Week;4/1/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p4
The article presents the author's comments on the just-completed 700 MHz auctions in the U.S. According to the author, no one knows much about the auctions, but the questions they raise would probably easily fill a page. The author holds that no amount of finger pointing can help resolve...
- New spectrum sale announced. // New Media Age;8/1/2002, p10
Reports the auction of next-generation wireless spectrum in Great Britain, as part of the government's effort to increase broadband availability.
- Newscan: Pentagon wants to share spectrum with broadband providers, not auction it. // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;2/27/2014, p2
The article reports on the desire of the Pentagon to share spectrum with broadband providers, and not auction it.