GREAT CROCHET: SIMPLE TIPS TO MAKE IT HAPPEN PART 1
- STITCH GUIDE. // Crochet!;Spring2017, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p81
The article presents guide for stitching. Topics discussed include abbreviations used in the periodical related to crocheting, conversion of yarn from ounce to gram and instructions for single crochet decrease, half double crochet decrease and fast and back post stich. It mentions abbreviations...
- Getting Started. // Crochet Holiday Collection;2001, p156
The article presents guidelines in using yarns and hooks in crocheting. Always use the weight of yarn specified in the pattern. It is best to purchase extra of each color needed to allow for differences in tension and dyes. The hook size stated in the pattern is to be used as a guide. Always...
- STITCH GUIDE. // Crochet!;Sep2011, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p96
The article offers various information related to crocheting including stitch abbreviations, yarn conversion and definitions of words used in crocheting.
- Cute Get it now! Crochet! // NW;1/2/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p66
Several photographs of crochet clothing for women are presented including one from Kuku, another from Just Jeans and one from Payless ShoesSource Inc.
- Supplies. // Making Eyelash Crochet Leis 2;2003, p2
The article presents the supplies needed in making eyelash crochet leis. A list of yarn stores in Hawaii is presented. It describes the Susan Bates Quicksilver size K crochet hook. It outlines the yarns that are interchangeable and can be substituted if the specified yarn is unavailable. It...
- First Row. Maks, Michele // Crochet World;Feb2009, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p4
The author expresses her views on being the editor of the "Crochet World." She cites her privilege of working with innumerable yarns and publications, promoting crochet by crochet design for the last twenty years. She mentions the changes that her editorship will bring to the publication such as...
- HOOK GRABBER. Reich, Anna Victoria // Crochet World;Feb2006, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p11
The article offers a tip on how to hold a crochet hook through the hole of a crochet cushion.
- General Instructions. // Crochet With Bits & Pieces;2005, p174
The article offers several crocheting tips. The size of crochet hooks to be used in a project depends on the weights of yarn and thread, while the size of stitches a hook can make will become smaller as the hook number increases. Gauge refers to the tightness or looseness of stitches, which is...
- Annie's Answers. // Annie's Favorite Crochet;Aug2006, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p19
Presents tips in crocheting. Use of rug yarn instead of sport yarn when crocheting slippers; Importance of using a single crochet when making an afghan or sweater; Stiffening solution for fabrics.