HER2 testing: The patent "genee" is out of the bottle
- Erratum. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;9/16/2009, Vol. 101 Issue 18, p1291
A correction to the article "Alterations in the TOP2A and HER2 Genes: Association With Adjuvant Anthracycline Sensitivity in Human Breast Cancers," which appeared in the 2009 issue.
- IS4â€“2CLINICOPATHOLOGIC FEATURES PREDICTING HER2 OVEREXPRESSION IN GASTRIC CANCER. Park, J. S.; Lim, S.; Chon, H. J.; Hong, M. H.; Kang, B.; Jung, M.; Rha, S. Y.; Ahn, J.-b.; Chung, H. C.; Kim, H. S. // Annals of Oncology;Nov2013 Supplement 9, Vol. 24, pix15
No abstract available.
- Intra-Tumoral Heterogeneity of HER2, FGFR2, cMET and ATM in Gastric Cancer: Optimizing Personalized Healthcare through Innovative Pathological and Statistical Analysis. Ye, Peng; Zhang, Meizhuo; Fan, Shuqiong; Zhang, Tianwei; Fu, Haihua; Su, Xinying; Gavine, Paul R.; Liu, Qiang; Yin, Xiaolu // PLoS ONE;11/20/2015, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p1
Current drug development efforts on gastric cancer are directed against several molecular targets driving the growth of this neoplasm. Intra-tumoral biomarker heterogeneity however, commonly observed in gastric cancer, could lead to biased selection of patients. MET, ATM, FGFR2, and HER2 were...
- Trastuzumab improved long-term outcomes in obese patients with breast cancer. Crozier, JA // Hem/Onc Today;12/25/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 24, p51
The article reveals the relationship between adding trastuzumab to chemotherapy and improved long-term outcomes in overweight and obese patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor (HER)-2 positive breast cancer, according to results of a study at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Common Techniques Used to Detect HER2. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;02/16/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p293
Focuses on the common techniques used to measure HER2 protein, a human epidermal growth factor receptor-2. Percentage of breast cancers wherein an overexpression of HER2 occurs; Advantages of IHC; Explanation on the use of FISH in measuring HER2 gene amplification.
- 'Build Quality in'â€”HER2 testing in the Real World. Zujewski, Jo Anne // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;6/5/2002, Vol. 94 Issue 11, p788
Editorial. Comments on the identification of HER2 overexpression to evaluate the value of trastuzumab in the adjuvant setting and clinical laboratory testing. Part of HER2 testing in an interrelated health care system; Basis of making personal health-care decisions; Circumstance leading to...
- ErbB2 is essential in the prevention of dilated cardiomyopathy. Crone, Steven A.; Zhao, You-Yang; Fan, Lian; Gu, Yusu; Minamisawa, Susumu; Liu, Yang; Peterson, Kirk L.; Chen, Ju; Kahn, Ronald; Condorelli, Gianluigi; Ross, Jr., John; Chien, Kenneth R.; Lee, Kuo-Fen // Nature Medicine;May2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p459
Amplification of the gene encoding the ErbB2 (Her2/neu) receptor tyrosine kinase is critical for the progression of several forms of breast cancer. In a large-scale clinical trial, treatment with Herceptin (trastuzumab), a humanized blocking antibody against ErbB2, led to marked improvement in...
- Can HER2 Status Predict Response to Cancer Therapy? Nelson, Nancy J. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;03/01/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p366
Deals with the responsiveness of HER2 molecule to cancer therapy.
- Role of hormonal risk factors in HER2-positive breast carcinomas. Balsari, A; Casalini, P; Bufalino, R; Berrino, F; Menard, S // British Journal of Cancer;4/7/2003, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p1032
Examination of parity, age at menarche and at menopause by HER2 status in a large series of breast carcinomas showed a statistically significant increased-frequency of HER2-positive tumours in lower risk subgroups. The findings suggest a difference in the protective role of hormone-related risk...