A call to unite: Physicians must help children in areas of conflict
- A call to unite: Physicians must help children in areas of conflict. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal Supplement;5/8/2007, Vol. 176 Issue 10, p1407
The article focuses on the need for Canadian physicians to use their political influence to support international efforts to protect children's rights and help heal children affected by war and conflict cited by former senator Langdon Pearson in a keynote address to the group Physicians for...
- Child performance review: 'Coalition government must go further' // Community Practitioner;Oct2010, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p8
The article offers information on the review of the child performance law at a conference sponsored by the International Association for the Study of Attachment which acknowledges the risks associated with using children in reality television (TV) shows.
- Introduction. // Child Welfare;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p389
Presents an introduction to the September 01, 2004 issue of the journal "Child Welfare."
- Children's Rights, Well-Being and Protection. Roth, Maria; Iovu, Mihai Bogdan; Antal, Imola // Social Work Review / Revista de Asistenta Sociala;2012, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p9
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss various reports within the issue on topics related to the rights, well-being, and protection of children.
- APPENDIX E: 2003 Concluding Observations of the Committee on the Rights of the Child. // Brains Trust: Children;Nov2005, Issue 2, p161
The article presents the concluding observations of the Standing Senate Committee on children's rights in Canada.
- APPENDIX F: A Canada Fit for Children: Canada's Plan of Action. // Brains Trust: Children;Nov2005, Issue 2, p175
The article presents messages regarding the development of a special session called A Canada Fit for Children, Canada's national plan of action.
- No Birth and No Control: The IPPF Formula for a Brave New World. Burrows, Lynette // Human Life Review;Fall2001, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p34
Comments on the memo from the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) calling European government to ratify sexual rights for children in the United States. Marginalization of parents in their efforts to protect their children. Objection of the IPPF to the United Nations Declaration...
- Defending Children's Rights, "In Defense of Peace": Children and Soviet Cultural Diplomacy. KELLY, CATRIONA // Kritika: Explorations in Russian & Eurasian History;Fall2008, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p711
The article focuses on children's rights and cultural diplomacy in the Soviet Union. The 1924 League of Nations Declaration on the Rights of the Child ensured several rights for children. The declaration assured that children will be the first to receive relief in times of distress. It is stated...
- Linda Harvey. Witkowski, D'anne // Between the Lines (10807551);10/27/2011, Issue 1943, p14
The article profiles Linda Harvey of Mission America, who is an advocate of child health and welfare.