Canadian physicians help fight RVF in Kenya
- RIFT VALLEY FEVER. Sabirovic, M.; Roberts, H.; Hall, S.; Elliott, H.; Coulson, N. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;9/13/2008, Vol. 163 Issue 11, p322
The article reports that an outbreak of Rift Valley Fever (RVF) in cattle was confirmed in central Madagascar in April 2008. Movement and vector controls have been put in place. Following an outbreak of RVF in goats in March in the Gauteng region, South Africa, another outbreak, this time in...
- Rift Valley fever, Mauritania (update). // Weekly Epidemiological Record;3/5/99, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p71
Provides an update on the outbreak of Rift Valley fever in Mauritania. Characterization of the two viruses taken from nine human blood samples; Strategy of the government of Mauritania in the investigation of the epidemic; Recommendations of the improvement of disease surveillance.
- Rift Valley fever, Saudi Arabia, August-October 2000. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;11/17/2000, Vol. 75 Issue 46, p370
Reports the epidemic of the Rift Valley fever in Saudi Arabia and Yemen. Identification of the Rift Valley Fever in the Arabian peninsula; Epidemiology of the diseases; Inclusion of Entomological studies on the species of mosquitos.
- Epidemic Rift Valley Fever in Saudi Arabia: A Clinical Study of Severe Illness in Humans. Al-Hazmi, Mohammed; Ayoola, Ephraim Ayobanji; Abdurahman, Mahmoud; Banzal, Subodh; Ashraf, Jammal; El-Bushra, Adil; Hazmi, Ali; Abdullah, Mohammed; Abbo, Hamid; Elamin, Abdulladi; Al-Sammani, El-Tayeb; Gadour, Mohammed; Menon, Chandra; Hamza, Mirghani; Rahim, Inam; Hafez, Magdy; Jambavalikar, Manish; Arishi, Haider; Aqeel, Ali // Clinical Infectious Diseases;2/1/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p245
We describe the clinical patterns and case-fatality rate associated with severe Rift Valley fever (RVF) in patients who were admitted to the Gizan regional referral hospital during an outbreak of RVF in Saudi Arabia from September through November 2000. A total of 165 consecutive patients (136...
- Rift Valley Fever Outbreak, Mauritania, 1998: Seroepidemiologic, Virologic, Entomologic, and Zoologic Investigations. // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p1052
Reports on the investigations among animals and humans during the 1998 Rift Valley fever outbreak in Mauritania. How the viral anthropozoonosis is transmitted; Discussion on the outbreak; Conclusions.
- Update: Outbreak of Rift Valley Fever--Saudi Arabia, August-November 2000. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;11/3/2000, Vol. 49 Issue 43, p982
Reports on the outbreak of Rift Valley fever in Saudi Arabia from August-November 2000. How suspected cases have been identified; Mean duration from disease onset to hospitalization; Results of entomologic studies.
- Outbreak of Rift Valley Fever--Yemen, August-October 2000. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;12/1/2000, Vol. 49 Issue 47, p1065
Reports on the outbreak of disease compatible with Rift Valley fever in El Zuhrah district of Hodeidah governorate in Yemen from August to October 2000. Response of the country's Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation and Ministry of Health to the outbreak; Results of investigations done on the...
- Rift Valley Fever in Namibia, 2010. Monaco, Federica; Pinoni, Chiara; Cosseddu, Gian Mario; Khaiseb, Siegfried; Calistri, Paolo; Molini, Umberto; Bishi, Alec; Conte, Annamaria; Scacchia, Massimo; Lelli, Rossella // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Dec2013, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p2025
During May-July 2010 in Namibia, outbreaks of Rift Valley fever were reported to the National Veterinary Service. Analysis of animal specimens confirmed virus circulation on 7 farms. Molecular characterization showed that all outbreaks were caused by a strain of Rift Valley fever virus closely...
- The 2007 Rift Valley Fever Outbreak in Sudan. Hassan, Osama Ahmed; Ahlm, Clas; Sang, Rosemary; Evander, Magnus // PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases;Sep2011, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p1
Rift Valley fever (RVF) is a neglected, emerging, mosquito-borne disease with severe negative impact on human and animal health and economy. RVF is caused by RVF virus (RVFV) affecting humans and a wide range of animals. The virus is transmitted through bites from mosquitoes and exposure to...