Scholastic Promotes Marcus To President Of Children's Books
- New Title for Marcus. // Publishers Weekly;10/4/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 40, p13
States that Barbara Marcus has been promoted to become the president of Scholastic publishing company. Her previous position in the company; Her background.
- Barbara Marcus To Leave Scholastic. // Book Publishing Report;4/11/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the resignation of Barbara Marcus as executive vice president of Scholastic Inc. and president of the company's Children's Book Publishing and Distribution division in the U.S. Effectivity of the resignation; Replacement of Marcus by Lisa Holton, senior vice president and publisher at...
- Holton to Succeed Marcus At Scholastic. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/11/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 15, p8
Reports on the appointment of executive Lisa Holton as head of the U.S. children's book group of Scholastic. Career background; Replacement of Holton at her previous company; Reason Barbara Marcus, former head of the children's book group, for leaving Scholastic.
- Scholastic Likely to Publish Harry 5. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/24/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 52, p10
Reports on the effort made by Barbara Marcus, president of Scholastic, to ensure the continued publication and distribution of 'Harry Potter' books in the United States, as of December 2001. Importance of the books to Scholastic's profits; Expectation for the sale of the books by 2002.
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS... // Book Publishing Report;06/04/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p7
Reports on the appointment of executives in the publishing company Scholastic Inc. Bernette Ford as the Editorial Director of Special Projects; Involvement of L. Spencer Humphrey as the director of mass merchandise book product; Addition of the title of vice president, deputy publisher to Ellie...
- McGee to Head New Scholastic Education Unit. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/13/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 46, p14
Announces the appointment of Julie McGee as executive vice president for educational publishing at Scholastic effective December 1, 2000. Information on McGee's previous work; Roles and responsibilities of McGee; Scope of the company's restructuring plans.
- People in the News. // Book Publishing Report;12/11/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p6
The article presents information on some of the important people who were designated at higher positions in the field of publishing. It is stated that Suzanne Balaban has been elected as the new vice president of communications at the Shalem Center in Jerusalem, Israel. She is said to function...
- Berger Rises At Scholastic. // Publishers Weekly;6/7/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 23, p12
Reports on the appointment of Ellie Berger as senior vice president for the trade division of Scholastic. Responsibilities of Berger; Immediate supervisor of Berger.
- Ford Joins Scholastic. // Publishers Weekly;9/4/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 36, p24
Announces the appointment of Beth Ford as senior vice-president of global operations at Scholastic. Her career background; Her job responsibilities.