Primedia Completes Search And Taps NBC's Rogers As CEO
- RUSSIAN PLEDGE DRIVE FOR ORT. Birchenough, Tom // Variety;07/10/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 7, p39
Features Boris Berezovsky, the main private shareholder in Russia's Channel 1 ORT. Percentage of the company's stock claimed by Berezovsky; Impact of his remarks given about Russian government; Speculation of an independent columnist on Berezovsky.
- New Campaign Targets Health and Safety Issues for Teens. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Oct2001, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p10
Reports the launch of the 'Coalition to Empower Teens' public service campaign. Recognition of the program as the largest in-school public service campaign for secondary school students; Aim of the campaign; Commitment of Channel One Network in advertising the campaign.
- ORT cash infusion alters ownership. Birchenough, Tom // Daily Variety;07/28/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 38, p27
Reports on ownership changes at Russia-based television network Channel 1 ORT as of July 28, 2000. Loan facility received by the company from state-owned Vneshekonombank.
- Channel One drops marketing plan. // Marketing News;10/8/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p9
The article reports on the decision of Denver, Colorado-based broadcasting company Channel One Network to revise a plan which would award teachers $500 for signing schools to the broadcasting schedule. Channel One says it is dropping the plan because as structured, it could present a conflict...
- Ch.1 Teams With NadaPC To Make $199 HDTV Monitor. Scoblete, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;01/29/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p39
Announces the launching of Channel One's integrated high-resolution Internet and entertainment television platform. Plan to license the architecture to digital television manufacturers; Price of the product.
- Moving in the Right Direction. Granatstein, Lisa // MediaWeek;10/04/99, Vol. 9 Issue 37, p80
Reports on the move of Primedia in appointing Tom Rogers as its chairman and chief executive officer. Professional background of Rogers; Achievements of Rogers; What Rogers could contribute to Primedia; Goals of Rogers.
- Channel One Network seeks alliances with Educational... // Electronic Education Report;08/20/97, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p2
Announces the search of school news broadcaster `Channel One Network' of textbook publishers and commercial television networks that will deliver fresh programming for schools. Reason behind the search of Channel One; Three components of the textbook alliance; Andrew Hill of CBS Television as...
- Youthful eating machines. // Prepared Foods;Sep98, Vol. 167 Issue 9, p37
Focuses on the `1998 Teen Eating Study,' by Channel One Network, New York about the eating habits of teenagers. Percentage of the nations teenagers who eat five or more times a day; Frequency of visit made by a typical teen in food restaurants; Meal that is most likely to be eaten away from home.
- Channel One is nation's top satellite television programmer.. // Electronic Education Report;09/24/97, Vol. 4 Issue 18, p3
Reports that Channel One Network is the largest satellite television programmer for K-12 schools or for high schools in the United States. Estimated sales of the network for 1996; Sales of the Educational Management Group which placed behind Channel One; Third, fourth and fifth placer of the...