Your mother was wrong!
- The Myth of Excellence: Why Great Companies Never Try to Be the Best at Everything. Marshall, Jeffrey // Financial Executive;Nov2001, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p16
The article reviews the book "The Myth of Excellence: Why Great Companies Never Try to Be the Best at Everything," by Fred Crawford and Ryan Matthews.
- Winners and losers. // Commercial Motor;5/31/2007, Vol. 205 Issue 5231, p19
The article reports that according to a survey by financial analyst Plimsoll Publishing Ltd., strong sales are not the only reason for the commercial survival of hauliers in Great Britain. The survey of 2,000 hauliers found that the success rate of a firm is not automatically affected by market...
- Holding the line. Skydel, Seth // Fleet Equipment;Aug2012, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p46
The article informs on the strategy of the company Blue Max Trucking for maintaining its relationship with its suppliers in the U.S. According to Denton Williams, president at the company, suppliers relationships are essential for business success of the company, they provide information on new...
- Value leads the way among shoppers. // Value Retail News;Apr2008, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p17
The article focuses on a survey of 7,400 shoppers conducted by AlixPartners, which found that consumers in the U.S. are most attracted to retailers that offer value. According to AlixPartners managing director Fred Crawford, 2008 will be the year of value in the country's retailing. It notes...
- Dollars & sense. // Overdrive;Jan2000, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p16
Proposes resolutions that United States truckers can use to achieve success in the industry in the third millennium. Mastery of business through good habits; Tracking and control of costs; Separation of personal and business money; Importance of good customer relations; Need to set side...
- Trailer industry feeling the boom. Kelley, Ken // Roads & Bridges;Jun99, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p16
Reports the success of trailer industry in the United States. List of companies experiencing success in the business; Service operations of trailer business; Issues on the tightening of diesel engine exhaust emission standards; Development of truck engines despite the proposed standard tightening.
- For Gracia Trucking, success is a moving experience. Garza, Daniel R. // Caribbean Business;12/4/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p42
Presents information on the business success of Gracia Trucking Service Incorporated of San Juan, Puerto Rico, which is owned by Jose Garcia Ortega. Details on the company; Financial information on the company; Comment from Ortega; Purchases made by the company. INSET: Top moving companies in...
- Improving Isolation During Hammer Upgrade. // Forging;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p32
Reports the business success of the automotive and heavy truck industry in the U.S. Improvement of the residential and commercial receptors; Measurement of the forge isolation; Observation on vibration and acoustic systems.
- Forklift market remains buoyant. // Works Management;Oct2001, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p8
Reports the success of powered forklift trucks in Great Britain. Increase of products order for the year 2001; Accounts on the effect of foot and mouth disease on the product demand; Counterbalance of forklift to the decrease of truck orders.