The look of lean
- MCT Trailer Sales announces partnership with Universal Trailer Corporation. // High Plains Journal;3/18/2013, Vol. 131 Issue 11, p11-B
The article reports that Omaha-based live stock trailer dealer, MCT Trailer Sales have collaborated with Ohio-based trailer company, Universal Trailer Corporation, to provide Exiss and Sooner line of trailers for Kansas and Nebraska, U.S.
- How Lean Leads To Local. Zelinski, Peter C. // Modern Machine Shop;May2007, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p12
The author discusses the advantage of lean manufacturing. Shops and plants committed to lean manufacturing often speak of the lean journey. The National Council for Advanced Manufacturing recently offered a briefing that connects lean manufacturing to the trend toward network-centric...
- Boalloy build-times cut by two thirds. // Commercial Motor;7/14/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5136, p14
Reports on the benefits of the Fastruck manufacturing system to the boxvan production of trailer manufacturer Boalloy in Great Britain. Target weekly production of the company since the system was introduced; Features of the manufacturing method.
- Shops can always be more efficient. Bates, Charles // American Machinist;Oct2008, Vol. 152 Issue 10, p44
The article discusses how machine shops can be more efficient and effective. Many manufacturing facilities believe that changes are not needed as long as they see productivity. Though technologies can offer a sure benefit, companies find it difficult for them to use the resources in implementing...
- US/China comparison a concern, but positive news on workplace reform. Johnson, Alan // Manufacturers' Monthly;Jul2005, p4
Discusses the findings of one research which compares leading Chinese manufacturing facilities with U.S. plants. Contribution of low labor costs in China's production growth; Efforts of the country to practice Western manufacturing standards and capabilities in its vision to secure industrial...
- Microsand Clarification Process Provides Improved Treatment for "Difficult" Waters. // WaterWorld;May2004, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p44
Features the Actillo Process, a microsand enhanced clarification process which is being installed by various companies in the U.S. Relevant applications; Work process; Benefits of using this process for industrial plants.
- Improving the 'rod to wire' chainâ€”the UPCASTÂ® rod. Eklin, Lauri; Kocabalkanli, Hüdal; Bodington, Juan Carlos // Wire Journal International;Nov2004, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p58
Discusses casting process developments that improve the quality to production cost ratio of an entire wire plant. Modules of a casting in UPCAST process developed by Outokumpu; Examples of producers who were able to significantly improve efficiency through fewer wire breaks and ability to use...
- A stubborn old philosophy. Yauch, Charlene A. // IIE Solutions;Dec2000, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p19
Comments on the philosophy for maximum personal efficiency in manufacturing process. Experience working in a subassembly production operation; Benefits of producing one subassembly at a time; Importance of the goal of maximizing personal efficiency.
- Institutional blindness. Gibson, Sue // Landscape Management;Apr2001, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p7
Focuses on how to achieve efficiency in operating systems. Responsibility of an efficiency expert in Toyota; Indicators of failed operating systems; Suggested ways to review an operating system's efficiency.