Sprinter assembly plant opens
- Production Shuffle. Homola, Peter; Priddle, Alisa // Ward's Auto World;Aug2002, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p16
Focuses on the production shift involving three production lines of automobile maker, DaimlerChrysler AG following the sale of its Eurostar assembly plant in Graz, Austria to Magna International Incorporated. Impact on the European production of its PT Cruiser and Voyager car models; Production...
- D/C Expands Spain plant for new van. De Oliveira, Paulo Soares // Automotive News Europe;5/19/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the expansion of the car assembly plant of DaimlerChrysler in Vitoria, Spain. Investment for the expansion; Van to be assembled in the plant; Models of the van.
- Vision GST to spur sharp rise in production at US plant. Weernink, Wim Oude // Automotive News Europe;1/28/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p15
Reports on the plan of DaimlerChrysler to increase capacity at its Mercedes-Benz plant in Tuscaloosa, Alabama to focus more on the Vision GST automobile. Platform of the Vision GST automobile; Remarks from J uuml rgen Hubbert, D/C board member for Mercedes-Benz passenger cars and Smart.
- DC Mulls Sprinter Capacity. // Ward's Auto World;Aug2005, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p15
Reports on Dodge Sprinter van capacity being considered by DaimlerChrysler AG in the U.S. as of August 2005. Percentage of an increase in the sales of its work van through May 2005; Location that was originally planned by the firm for the van facility.
- Van Gone. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p31
Reports on the cancellation of van assembly plant construction by DaimlerChrysler AG in Savannah, Georgia.
- New Proving Grounds For DaimlerChrysler. Sherman, Don // Automotive Industries;Jul99, Vol. 179 Issue 7, p23
Features the automobile testing facility of DaimlerChrysler AG in Papenburg, Germany. Information on the facility.
- Fruits of the merger. Woodyard, Michael // Automotive News;8/7/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5887, p25i
Focuses on DaimlerChrysler's Toledo Jeep car factory in Toledo, Ohio, as of August 7, 2000. Features of the plant's production process; Use of German manufacturing technology adapted to an American work force.
- DCX expanding in Alabama. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;8/28/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5890, p3
Reports on DaimlerChrysler's plan to expand its Mercedes-Benz car factory in Vance, Alabama, as of August 28, 2000. Details of the planned expansion of the Vance factory; Background on the car company's operations in North America.
- DaimlerChrysler engine plant focuses on PLCs. Fleszar, Mark // Control Engineering;May99, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p105
Discusses DaimlerChrysler AG's extensive use of automation architecture at its new Mack Avenue Engine Plant in Detroit, Michigan. Benefits to plant operation of emphasis on programmable logic controllers; Specifications of the facility's network communications and control system.