More Than 50% Of K-12 Computers Are Obsolete, According To Study
- UCI gets computer upgrade. Tiettmeyer, Eric // Orange County Business Journal;03/17/97, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p17
Presents information pertaining to computer highlighting eleven main high technology companies sponsor to upgrade the Information and Computer Science Lab at the University of California, Irvine. Use of installation of Microsoft NT computers; Reason for decision for special training by CEO...
- UCI to offer computer science MS to part-time students. Mason, Mike // Orange County Business Journal;03/15/99, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the University of California launching of a master's degree program on computer science in Irvine. Printronix Inc. Chief Executive Officer Robert Kleist's role in the establishment of the program; Importance of the program to alleviate the dearth of qualified computer scientists in...
- tech briefs. Roach, Ronald // Black Issues in Higher Education;1/30/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p33
Reports on the creation of the University of California-Irvine (UCI) School of Information and Computer Science, as of January 2003. Reasons behind the move; Background of the computer science department at UCI; Increase in the number of students enrolled at UCI.
- Computer learning pilot slated in California. // Library Journal;2/15/1980, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p462
Reports on introduction of a computer-based learning program for adults by the University of California in Irvine. Aim of the program to encourage them to learn science; Grant received from the federal Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education for the pilot experiment.
- BACK TO THE FUTURE. WASHBURN, JIM // Orange County Business Journal;9/21/2015 Supplement, p32
The author presents a personal narrative of his experiences attending a class on the study of utopian societies during the early years of the University of California, Irvine (UCI) campus in Orange County, mentioning the early years of the university, why he went to UCI, and UCI's curriculum.
- Institutional Sharing of OpenCourseWare Across National Boundaries: A Case Study and Historical First in Higher Education. Matkin, Gary W. // Distance Education Report;5/15/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p3
The article presents a case study which discusses the successful partners of the University of California, Irvine (UCI) and Fundacï¿½o Getulio Vargas (FGV) in the development, sharing and cross-publishing of OpenCourseWare (OCW). The author points out that the success of the partnership can...
- Advancing the Remote Sensing of Precipitation. Sorooshian, Soroosh; AghaKouchak, Amir; Arkin, Phillip; Eylander, John; Foufoula-Georgiou, Efi; Harmon, Russell; Hendrickx, Jan M. H.; Imam, Bisher; Kuligowski, Robert; Skahill, Brian; Skofronick-Jackson, Gail // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Oct2011, Vol. 92 Issue 10, p1271
The article notes the importance of satellite-based global precipitation measures and a forum at the University of California, Irvine which focused on remote sensing. Research priorities mentioned at the Advanced Concepts Workshop on Remote Sensing of Precipitation at Multiple Scales include...
- Research and Application of Data Mining Feature Selection Based on Relief Algorithm. Lun Gao; Taifu Li; Lizhong Yao; Feng Wen // Journal of Software (1796217X);Feb2014, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p515
To choose the best features in data mining issues, the Relief Feature Selection Algorithm is proposed to implement the feature selection in this paper. Firstly, the data of Ionosphere from the UCI (University of California - Irvine) database is used to do a simulation experiment; secondly, the...
- COMPARISON OF DIFFERENT CLASSIFICATION TECHNIQUES USING DIFFERENT DATASETS. Vaithiyanathan, V.; Rajeswari, K.; Tajane, Kapil; Pitale, Rahul // International Journal of Advances in Engineering & Technology;May2013, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p764
In this paper different classification techniques of Data Mining are compared using diverse datasets from University of California, Irvine(UCI). Accuracy and time required for execution by each technique is observed. The Data Mining refers to extracting or mining knowledge from huge volume of...