Torstar Spends $7M To Buy Into The Web Site SmarterKids.com
- SmarterKids.com plans to issue IPO, wants to lead educational market. // Book Publishing Report;09/20/99, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p3
Discloses plans of SmarterKids.com, online retailer of educational books and materials to launch an initial public offering (IPO). Reason for launch of IPO; Number of visitors to Web site of the company; Financial performance.
- THE next NEXT THING. Solomon, Stephen D. // Inc.;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p84
Offers a look at the transformation of SmarterKids.com Inc. from traditional retailer to an electronic-commerce company. History of the company; Views of investors on SmarterKids; Career background of the company's founders; Information on the start of the company; Details on the company's...
- SmarterKids.com to Orsatti. Gianatasio, David // Adweek New England Edition;08/21/2000, Vol. 37 Issue 34, p5
Reports on the advertising campaign account received by Orsatti & Partners company from SmarterKids.com., online retailer of educational toys and related products. Campaigns for the company; Other clients of the agency.
- SmarterKids.com, Early Childhood Learn to Share. Cotlier, Moira // Catalog Age;03/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p8
Reports the plans of SmarterKids.com to merge with school supplies cataloger Early Childhood in the United States. Efforts of the companies to leverage catalog infrastructure; Use of catalog production resources and data processing; Background of the companies.
- SmarterKids.com preps network for Christmas. Messmer, Ellen // Network World;06/26/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p48
Reports on SmarterKids.com's restructuring of its supply chain management process to prepare for the 2000 holiday shopping season. Company's online sales of educational toys; Planning of the merchandise mix; Launch of warehouse operations in Mansfield, Massachusetts; Integration of Logility's...
- WHO'S USING WHOM. // Chain Store Age;Sep2000, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p124
Presents news briefs related to electronic commerce in the United States as of September 2000. Technology platform instituted by Target Corp. from Art Technology Group; Move of Toysrus.com to purchase the TradeMatrix solution for demand and Internet fulfillment from i2 company;...
- Harlequin's U.S. sales rose 11%, to $174 million, in '93. Milliot, Jim; Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;6/13/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 24, p10
Reports on the increase in Harlequin's sales in the United States in 1993 based on parent company Torstar Corp.'s annual report. Increase in operating profit; Total sales in North America; Increase in unit volume; Decline in retail unit sales; Increase in overseas sales; Diversification plans...
- Matches made in (e-)heaven. Moch, Chrissy // Telephony;12/13/99, Vol. 237 Issue 24, p94
Informs on two Web sites offering services and retail items for children that are combining Internet and telephony services. CallMeSanta.com, created by CTS Technologies; SmarterKids.com, an online educational store. INSET: Briefly.
- New and notable on the Net. McLester, Susan // Technology & Learning;Apr99, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p46
Presents resources for teachers. Computer Curriculum Corp.; SmarterKids.com; Pioneer New Media Technologies.