Motorola Buys More IPTV Technology
- Motorla Recalls Some 2000s. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p2
Reports the recall of an unspecified percentage of DCT-2000 digital set-top boxes from Motorola Inc. in the U.S. Identification of access control systems; Mechanical defect in the power-supply circuit within the detachment power plug; Association of the defect to the design of the digital box.
- Motorola CMTS earns Cablelabs qualification. // Modem Users News;Sep99, p4
Reports that Motorola's Multimedia Group, a supplier of cable high-speed data access technology, has received Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification qualification from cable television industry consortium, Cablelabs, for its Cable Router cable modem termination system. Benefits of the...
- Connecting AMERICA. // CED;Jun2002, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p50
Highlights the 2002 National Show in New Orleans, Louisiana. Support of cable television operators on the proposed voluntary digital television plan; Introduction of the digital set-top of Motorola Broadband; Plans of Pace Micro Technology Plc and Philips' semiconductor to develop a system...
- Motorola Semi goes commercial. // Electronic News;1/29/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2101, p4
Describes Motorola's Semiconductor Products Sector's first commercials that were aired on the ESPN sports cable channel.
- Family Channel buys PowerVu. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;9/23/96, Vol. 126 Issue 40, p56
Reports on the Family Channel's purchase of Scientific-Atlanta's PowerVu digital video compression system. Use of the MPEG-2 gear to convert its West Coast feed to digital delivery; Value of the deal; Details of the systems' applications according to Family senior vice president Randy Seiler.
- Motorola, CableLabs seek PCS link. Krause, Reinhardt // Electronic News (10616624);7/19/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1972, p15
Reports on Motorola Inc.'s collaboration with Cable Television Laboratories to integrate cellular and PCS mobile radio systems within the cable's broadcasting network. Plan to launch global PCS services through the Iridium project; Investigation of the possibility of merging PCS and cable; Radio...
- It's Lights Out for DCT-5000. Brown, Karen L. // Multichannel News;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p2
Reports that Motorola Inc. is retiring its DCT-5000 cable set-top box. Background on the creation of the set-top box; Features of the equipment; Factors responsible for its decreased popularity; Other products in the DCT-5000 series developed by the company.
- Motorola debuts descrambler. // Telephony;03/10/97, Vol. 232 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the introduction of Motorola Inc.'s HomeClear broadband cable descrambling system.
- Cable Cuts Hurt Suppliers. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/27/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the effect of deployment of products by cable operators on the cable-equipment manufacturers. Lack of revival of cable hardware companies by covery among operators; Products deployed by cable operators; Disclosure of broadband communications division of Motorola about the decrease...