ANALYST: DOLANS COULD GO WAY HIGHER
- THE DOLAN EFFECT. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/27/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the effect of the buyout proposal of the Dolan family for Cablevision on the stocks of cable businesses in the U.S. as of June 2005. Increase in the stock of Cablevision after announcing the proposal; Impact of the buyout proposal on the stocks of Comcast and Medicom.
- Cablevision's Private Plan. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;6/27/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p6
Focuses on the proposal presented by the Dolan family to the board of directors of Cablevision Systems Corp. that would take the company private and spin off a public company comprised of its entertainment assets. Components of the company's entertainment assets; Terms of the proposed deal;...
- Over the rainbow. Powderly, II, Henry E. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/29/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p42A
The article reports that the shareholders of Cablevision Systems Corp. have not approved the privatization of the company. The company is owned by the Dolan family, which is planning to sell its Rainbow Media division that operates several cable television networks, to the highest bidder. It has...
- Dolans Mull Asset Sales. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p8
The article reports that the Dolan family might be willing to sell assets or shut down money-losing businesses to finance the privatization of the New York-based cable operator, Cablevision Systems. According to the author, the disclosure came in a proxy statement that set a date for...
- Cablevision selects Harmonic's NSG. // CED;Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the selection of the Harmonic Narrowcast Services Gateway (NSG) 8100 to support the video-on-demand (VOD) product from Cablevision System Corp. in New York. Schedule of the launching of the product; Advancement of the integration of VOD and NSG to the cable system operation; Features...
- Cablevision plans 5 percent price hike. Abelson, Ben // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/29/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 54, p9A
Reports on Cablevision Systems Corp.'s decision to increase its cable television prices in 2003 in New York State. Higher programming costs; Increased investment in customer service; Changes in channel lineups.
- Cablevision hopes its local programming hooks viewers. Cook, Bob // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/25/96, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p9
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. is inserting programming onto its MuchMusic USA music video channel for customers in Cleveland, Ohio. Background information on the company; Program description; Local break-ins on national cable networks.
- Cablevision has lion's share of Westchester's cable market. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;06/16/97, Vol. 36 Issue 24, p2
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. has the largest share of Westchester County, New York's cable market. Acquisition of TCI Cable of Westchester and nine other local systems; Announcement of unchanged cable rates; Schedule of pending programming changes; Consolidation of TCI customer list...
- Cablevision launches regional line up. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/10/98, Vol. 45 Issue 32, p13A
Announces Cablevision Systems' launching of a package of cable programs produced in Long Island, New York by Rainbow Media Holding Inc. last August 5, 1998.