Cable Attracting New Money
- WEEK OF OCT. 24-30. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/3/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 44, p8
Presents market indexes of cable television broadcasting in the U.S. as of November 3, 2003 Performance of the stocks of Clear Channel; Stocks of Comcast Corp.
- Bandwidth Crisis? Cable Cap Ex Spending Weighing on Some Minds. // CableFAX Daily;9/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 185, p1
The article discusses issues concerning the cable television's possible increase in capital spending in the U.S. A report from Merriman Curhan Ford warns of an impending bandwidth crisis driven by the current hybrid fiber-coaxial (HFC) network capacity limitations relative to telecommunication's...
- Upfronts With a Bang. Chunovic, Louis // Television Week;4/7/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p6
Highlights the pre-front campaign of cable television networks aimed at strengthening its position in the broadcasting market. Investment plans of Lifetime Television on its programming; Centerpieces of Bravo network's program lineup; Miniseries included on the slate of Sci-Fi Channel network.
- Cox Plan Briefly Lifts Cable Stocks. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;8/9/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p15
Reports on the impact of the announcement of Cox Enterprises to pay the multiple system operator on the market shares of cable operators in the U.S. in August 2004. Increase in market shares of ComCast; Factors that contributed to the backtracking of cable stocks; Implications of the...
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.
- Madison, Wis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
Presents information about the state of the cable television broadcasting industry in Madison, Wisconsin as of February 26, 2001. Optimism of station managers that the market has a healthy economy and local advertising is up; Total amount in cable television revenues expected to be generated by...
- Looking for a Prediction? I'll Give You Ten of Them. Kagan, Paul // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p18
Comments on the possible improvement of cable television broadcasting. Plan of the National Football League for a cable option for football games; Advances in cable television receivers and recorders.