- Closing the POWER GAP. Schley, Stewart // Multichannel News;1/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p21
Discusses the results of the survey on the customer satisfaction of cable and direct-broadcast-satellite providers by J.D. Power and Associates. Disappointment of cable companies over the results of the survey; Secret of cable company WideOpenWest LLC for delivering customer service; Upgrades...
- DirecTV leads rapid ramp-up of digital channels. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;10/30/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 22, pA7
The article reports on United States cable and satellite television broadcasters' expansion of their digital channels. According to the author, DirecTV has initiated the trend by launching 72 national channels to increase its satellite coverage. Meanwhile, EchoStar's Dish Network has opened...
- SAT SUBS MORE SATISFIED. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;8/25/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 37, p8
Focuses on the increase of cable operators' video-on-demand and high speed data offerings to match the growth rate and consumer appeal of DBS rivals. Rate of cable compared to the satellite rates; Consumer satisfaction in satellite services; Criteria of greatest weight for customer satisfaction.
- Black Shopping Network moves into marketplace. // Advertising Age;5/30/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 23, p24
Reports on the expansion plans of Black Shopping Network, a cable home shopping service aimed at African-Americans in the U.S. Show features; Testing of satellite broadcasting of the show.
- Satellite and cable scrap for digital aud. Tillson, Tamsen // Variety;1/13/2003, Vol. 389 Issue 8, p38
Focuses on the market share growth of cable and satellite television in Canada as of January 2003. Issue pointed out by Bell Express Vu director of communications Ron MacInnes; Factors which may impede the growth of satellite programming in the country; TEchnoloigcal development concerning...
- Study Says Digital Won't Be That Big. // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p46
Reports on the digital-cable penetration forecast made by JupiterResearch in the U.S. in 2004. Increase in the number of digital-cable households; Expected percentage of cable customers to be taking DVR service; Rate of satellite TV customers who will be equipped with DVR.
- Brazil's DTH base grows as cable homes decline. Cajueiro // Multichannel News;12/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p126
Reports on the growth of Brazil's direct-to-home subscriber base in the second quarter of 1999. Decline in the number of cable homes; Net growth in the country's pay television industry.
- Consumers rate cable. Paskowski // Multichannel News;12/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p190
Highlights the results of a survey of buyer satisfaction with cable- and satellite-television service in the United States. Cable subscribers' dissatisfaction with the service; Reaction to the rate increase in January 2000; Digital-cable respondents' satisfaction with Internet connections.
- Remade DBS braces for '99. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;12/21/98, Vol. 128 Issue 52, p4
Focuses on the competition between direct broadcasting satellite (DBS) and cable television industries in the United States. Comments from Bear, Stearns analyst Vijay Jayant; Companies consolidating in the satellite television industry; Percentage increase of DBS subscriber in 1998.