Dog Day Debuts
- Why Not Let Pay TV Have a Trial Run? // Saturday Evening Post;1/31/1959, Vol. 231 Issue 31, p8
Presents the author's views on pay television. Decline in the demand of television; Role of advertisements in the growth of television; Discussion on programs that are broadcast on pay television.
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 184, p3
The article presents news briefs related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of September 2005. Information on the off-network rights of Warner Brothers acquired by ABC Family is included. The change in the name of Pax to i Sun is reported. The season 2 of reality documentary "Off to...
- Trio Adds to Sked, Needs More Subs. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;10/27/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 43, p18
Focuses on the efforts taken by cable television network Trio in keeping with its pop-culture theme. Theme of the network's television program "The Awards Show Awards Show"; Overview of television programing plans.
- Why Cable Originals Are Crucial. Brooks, Tim // Broadcasting & Cable;10/13/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 41, p42
Discusses the impact of original programming on cable television. History of cable programming; Information on several cable television programs; Distinction between cable and broadcast.
- Finding A Clean Solution. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p3
The article deals with the possible problems that can be encountered by television cable operators planning to introduce family-oriented programs. If the programs are put on digital tier, subscribers will need boxes to decrypt the channels. Another problem is the demand of household concerning...
- Online:. // CableFAX Daily;6/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 114, p2
Reports on the launch of a "Superman Channel" by AOL's In2TV, which will be available through the end of July 2006. Information on its programming.
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;8/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p4
Presents news briefs on the U.S. cable television industry as of August 2004. Consumer complaints against Comcast Cable Communications Management LLC; Launch of a lifestyle television series about golf by Fine Living; Television version of talk radio offered by Fox News Channel.
- Cable's Always on the Job. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p6A
Deals with cable television network programming. Advantage of cable networks over broadcast networks; Quality of television programming offered by cable television; Expectations on the performance of cable networks.
- Playboy Has New HD Plan for Cable. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p12
Reports on the plans of Spice Digital Networks to offer a late-night block of explicit adult-oriented programming to cable operators beginning in December 2003. Explanations from general manager Jeff Jenest; Scope of the programming deal; Reason for offering such program.
- Innovation Flavors New Drama, Comedy, Reality Series. Karrfalt, Wayne // Advertising Age;5/19/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 20, pC4
The article discusses the plans of cable television's advertising-supported networks to spend more on scripted dramas, documentary specials and fresh approaches to comedy and reality shows in the 2003 to 2004 season. Basic cable networks have found success with scripted dramas including FX's...