Dog Day Debuts
- Trio Adds to Sked, Needs More Subs. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;10/27/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 43, p18
Focuses on the efforts taken by cable television network Trio in keeping with its pop-culture theme. Theme of the network's television program "The Awards Show Awards Show"; Overview of television programing plans.
- Why Cable Originals Are Crucial. Brooks, Tim // Broadcasting & Cable;10/13/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 41, p42
Discusses the impact of original programming on cable television. History of cable programming; Information on several cable television programs; Distinction between cable and broadcast.
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;8/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p4
Presents news briefs on the U.S. cable television industry as of August 2004. Consumer complaints against Comcast Cable Communications Management LLC; Launch of a lifestyle television series about golf by Fine Living; Television version of talk radio offered by Fox News Channel.
- Cable's Always on the Job. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p6A
Deals with cable television network programming. Advantage of cable networks over broadcast networks; Quality of television programming offered by cable television; Expectations on the performance of cable networks.
- Playboy Has New HD Plan for Cable. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p12
Reports on the plans of Spice Digital Networks to offer a late-night block of explicit adult-oriented programming to cable operators beginning in December 2003. Explanations from general manager Jeff Jenest; Scope of the programming deal; Reason for offering such program.
- Innovation Flavors New Drama, Comedy, Reality Series. Karrfalt, Wayne // Advertising Age;5/19/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 20, pC4
The article discusses the plans of cable television's advertising-supported networks to spend more on scripted dramas, documentary specials and fresh approaches to comedy and reality shows in the 2003 to 2004 season. Basic cable networks have found success with scripted dramas including FX's...
- Liberty adds new channels. Cortes, Rossie // Caribbean Business;4/8/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p50
Reports that Liberty is adding channels to its roster of cable television stations, including Starz! Kids and ESPN Sports. Starz's inventory of theatrical movies from major studios and independent suppliers; Features of ESPN Sports; Transformation of Discovery Home & Leisure Channel into...
- Meeting the Demands of On-Demand. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;7/17/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 28, p20
Considers the use of the network digital video recording (DVR) technology in video-on-demand (VOD) TV programming. Key technology trends driving the on-demand platform; Components in which VOD functionality depends on; Advantages of the DVR technology to VOD subscribers; Business models used...
- The Education of Cable Marketers. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);7/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p10
Focuses on marketing by cable television operators in the U.S. as of July 2003. Views on marketing efforts of operators; Marketing campaigns launched by operators; Amount spent on marketing.
- GROWTH IS A HARD SELL. Olgeirson, Ian // Cable World (10427228);7/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p14
Presents projections on the growth of cable television operators from 2002 to 2012. Information on the marketing efforts of operators.