Fox, Nissan Do Soccer Deal
- Tournament broadcasts promise little ad revenue. Csonka, �gnes // Budapest Business Journal;6/3/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 26, p6
Report the decrease of revenue from advertising of Hungarian Television Rt during the 2002 Federation of International Football Associations Soccer World Cup in South Korea and Japan. Value of broadcast to games during weekdays; Prediction of broadcast advertising during weekend schedule of...
- Uncovering the Past. // Soccer Digest;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p12
Traces the history of the World Cup soccer games. Lack of network television coverage in the U.S. during the 1978 World Cup; Number of qualified teams in the 1978 World Cup; Seeding of the Italian national soccer team over Holland.
- Gazza's ability on the pitch has notequipped him as a football pundit. Crouch, Bruce // Campaign (UK);6/14/2002, Issue 23, p8
Comments on the coverage of the 2002 World Cup by ITV. Effect of the transfer of commentator Des Lynam on the network; Ratings received by the coverage; Comparison of the network to British Broadcasting Corp.
- BBC wins ratings for World Cup TV. Lee, Jeremy // Campaign (UK);6/21/2002, Issue 24, p3
Reports on the television coverage in England of the 2002 World Cup. Boycott of the ITV coverage by football fans; Preference for the BBC telecast; Controversy surrounding the treatment of Nationwide League division clubs by the ITV companies.
- THE GREATEST GAMES YOU NEVER SAW SOWETO 1976. Kuper, Simon // Australian FourFourTwo;Nov2009, Issue 49, p80
The article highlights some of the best soccer games played from 1970 to 1985 in Orlando Stadium in Soweto, the black township outside Johannesburg, South Africa. It reveals that none of the games played in Soweto were televised, and that hardly anyone outside South Africa ever saw them. It...
- IBM, Coke to air ads during Masters. Sirak, Ron; Russell, Geoff // Golf World;6/29/2001, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p7
Reports on the television sponsorship of the Masters golf tournament by IBM and Coca-Cola.
- Ad nauseam. Sirak, Ron; Russell, Geoff // Golf World;4/11/2003, Vol. 56 Issue 36, p5
Deals with the sponsorship of the television broadcasting of the 2003 Masters golf tournament.
- STATIC. Quindt, Fritz // Sporting News;6/3/2002, Vol. 226 Issue 22, p6
Reports developments related to sports broadcasting in the U.S. Sponsorship package of ABC for Team USA at the pre-World Cup matches; Comment of NBC Sports producer Dick Ebersol on the New York Nets at the finals; Tour of Bill Walton on the thirty-two National Basketball Association playoff...
- Out-of-home boost for World Cup audiences. Lee, Jeremy // Campaign (UK);6/14/2002, Issue 23, p2
Reports on the ratings of the British Broadcasting Corp.'s coverage of England's match with Argentina in the 2002 World Cup. Estimated number of viewers watching the telecast; Contribution of out-of-home viewing to the ratings; Advantage of the initiative for advertisers for England games.