Liberty's Home of Braves
- A BRAVE NEW WORLD. Westby, Elizabeth // Atlanta;Apr2007, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p30
The article focuses on a deal brokered by Liberty Media Corp. to buy the baseball team Atlanta Braves from mega-media conglomerate Time Warner Inc. in February 2007. Liberty Media Chairman John C. Malone will call a squeeze play on the budget trading big-name baseball players. When the team's...
- Home of the Braves. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/28/96, Vol. 126 Issue 45, p18
Reports on the difficulties faced by Time Warner Inc. regarding the carriage of the games of the Atlanta Braves baseball team on television station WTBS once the station converts to a basic cable network. Fox Broadcasting's possible blockage of the appearance of the team on WTBS.
- Atlanta's `tomahawk chop': Does it insult Indians? // Current Events;11/11/91, Vol. 91 Issue 10, p3
Looks at the controversy caused by enthusiastic Atlanta Braves fans waving their arms or foam rubber tomahawks in what is called the `tomahawk chop.' Seen as an insult by American Indians; Picketed outside stadiums; Feel sports ridicule Indians;Pro and con statements from Don Allery of the...
- Atlanta Braves. Zack, Bill // Sporting News;1/27/97, Vol. 221 Issue 4, p47
No abstract available.
- Atlanta Braves. Zack, Bill // Sporting News;04/07/97, Vol. 221 Issue 14, p27
Focuses on National League baseball team Atlanta Braves. Team's second major spring trade with the Kansas City Royals; Replacement of the team's outfield; Addition of hard-throwing setup man Alan Embree; Wrist injury on catcher Javier Lopez; Recovery of reliever Pedro Borbon from a knee injury.
- 20 YEARS AGO THIS MONTH . . . Braves Lose World Series--and Get a Parade! Burns, Rebecca // Atlanta;Oct2011, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p18
The article reports that on October 29, 1991, a huge number of people in Atlanta, Georgia, stormed Downtown to cheer the Atlanta Braves baseball team, returning from a defeat by the Minnesota Twins in the World Series.
- Season of dreams. Huey, J. // Southern Living;Apr92, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p104
Recounts the author's appreciation of the Atlanta Braves during their World Series season in 1991, after finishing in last place three years in a row. Reasons Braves had improved; Cheering on the Braves during the World Series.
- Jane, meet Rush. Cerio, Gregory; Howard, Lucy // Newsweek;3/1/1993, Vol. 121 Issue 9, p6
States that last week the Atlanta Braves's flagship radio station, WGST, announced a contest offering five couples a chance to spend a spring-training weekend in Florida with the team and Rush Limbaugh. Braves general manager John Schuerholz says WGST set up the Limbaugh part without consent;...
- Atlanta Braves. Zack, Bill // Sporting News;7/1/96, Vol. 220 Issue 27, p14
Updates on various issues concerning the Atlanta Braves as of July 1, 1996. Rumors about an August trade for Blue Jays outfielder Joe Carter; Decision of manager Bobby Cox to make rookie Jermaine Dye a regular; Team and individual performance records for 1996 season; Number of wins and losses.