Liberty's Maffei Gets Active
- Liberty Media Pumps Cash To Canada. Ploskina, Brian // Inter@ctive Week;02/28/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p20
Reports the decision of Liberty Media, a cable television programming company to invest at Corus Entertainment company based in Toronto, Ontario. Significance of the investment; Other cross border investments in the cable business; Assessment on the cable market in Canada.
- QVC-HSN Deal Looks Unlikely For Liberty. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;10/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p35
The article reports that U.S.-based Liberty Media Corp. chief executive officer Greg Maffei has announced that the company has looked at a possible combination between its QVC cable shopping network and rival Home Shopping Network Inc. He said that there are several factors that would preclude...
- Street Talk. Hiestand, Jesse // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/22/2002, Vol. 371 Issue 41, p94
Reports the market performance of Liberty Media Corp., a cable operator in Europe. Abandonment of Englewood on buying the television operations of KirchGroup; Expansion plan of Liberty; Right of the cartel office over the pending cable acquisitions of Liberty.
- Cable king Malone wires Hollywood. Peers, Martin // Variety;04/12/99, Vol. 374 Issue 8, p2
Reports on developments related to United States-based cable television company Liberty Media Corp. as of April 12, 1999. Stock market performance; Company's purchase of a stake in News Corp.; Internet business operations.
- Liberty bellwether for cable combos. Peers, Martin // Variety;10/13/97, Vol. 368 Issue 10, p172
Reports on the significance of Liberty Media Corp.'s operations to the cable industry in the United States. Liberty's part ownership in major cablers such as Discovery Channel, Time Warner Inc. and Black Entertainment TV; Preference for investing in cable networks rather than operating the...
- Outlook a mixed bag for cable ops. Mermigas, Dianne // Electronic Media;5/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p6
Focuses on the business status of the cable networks. Decrease on the earnings of cable operators; Decline on the investment of the network; Impact of the earning decrease on the cable operators.
- New Four-Letter Word: Capex. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;8/19/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the curtailment of capital expenditures of investors of cable television industry in the U.S. Reduction of capital expenditures by the multiple systems operators executives; Decision of Charter Communications Inc. to cut capex expenditures; Commitment of Cablevision Systems Corp. to...
- Canadian Cablers Aim to Loosen Regulations. Careless, James // Multichannel News;04/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p50
Reports on the Canadian Cable Television Association's position on the issue of foreign investment and ownership in the Canadian cable television industry. Support given by the association to plans to boost regulatory flexibility in the sector; Major foreign investments in Canadian cable...
- MSO Execs Pour Cold Water on Overbuilds. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;09/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p52
Reports on the diversion of investment toward competitive cable overbuilders in the United States. Pressure on cable television stocks; Available capital for cable operators; Promotional money in developing cable programming.