Hockey Skates Its Own Trail
- Hockey scores on cable. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;6/17/96, Vol. 126 Issue 26, p59
Reports on the cable television coverage of the National Hockey League's (NHL) 1996 playoffs. Ratings of NHL television shows; Postseason playoff telecasts.
- Star launches emotional TVC to rejuvenate hockey. // Indiantelevision.com;6/11/2015, p8
The article reports on the launching of a television campaign by cable network Star Sports, in partnership with Opticus Inc., for the telecast of Hockey World League events from June 20 to July 5, 2015. Topics discussed include the need to promote the national hockey sports in India, the lack of...
- In Demand rushes NFL over rights. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/8/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 47, p1
Reports on In Demand's plan to acquire the cable pay-per-view rights to the 'NFL Sunday Ticket' out-of-market games beginning 2003 in the U.S. In Demand's negotiation plans with the National Football League; DirecTV's ownership of the exclusive rights to the Sunday-afternoon package since 1994.
- OLN Skates Toward Success With NHL. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p14
Reports on the programming issues regarding OLN's telecast of National Hockey League (NHL) games in the U.S. as of October 2005. Household rating of the first telecast of the games; Move of the company to forbid several distributors from carrying its NHL package; Financial incentive from NHL...
- VALUE OF THE GAME. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1B
Examines the relationship between sporting events and the cable industry and the high level of influence each has on the other. Domination of cable or broadcast networks in telecast rights of major U.S. sports; Consistent viewership ratings enjoyed by sporting events; High costs of acquisition...
- Cox Tips Hornets-Centered Net In N'awlins. Umstead, R Thomas // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p14
Reports on deals of the regional sports network Cox Sports Television, slated to launch on October 28, 2002 with several television networks. Terms of the agreement of the network with the ESPN channel to provide college-sports events and news programming; Plans of the network regarding its...
- Cable bases loading up with new sports webs. Richmond, Ray // Variety;10/14/96, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p39
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States as of October 14, 1996. Cable networks' launch of sports news channels; Background on the market for sports news channels; Market observers' comments.
- Ganging up on sports fees. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;5/13/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 20, p22
Focuses on the impact of increased sports-programming cost on the cable television broadcasting of sports events in the U.S. Reference to the failure of Cablevision Systems to carry Yankees Entertainment & Sports; Subscribers lost by Cablevision due to the conflict; Involvement of ESPN.
- Court TV. Sparrow, David // Tennis;
Reports on the launching of the Tennis Channel cable network.