Comcast Boots Microsoft
- Doggies on Demand. // CableFAX Daily;3/29/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 60, p2
Reports on the Adopt-A-Pet On demand VOD service offered by Comcast Cable in the U.S. in 2006.
- Nationals Rationale:. // CableFAX Daily;5/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 84, p2
Reports on the initiative of residential service network MASN to force multiple system operator Comcast to broadcast Nationals games in Washington, D.C. Legislation on MSO license introduced by DC city council members; Editorials on the dispute published by the Washington Post.
- Comcast channel adds newscasts. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;04/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p4
Reports on Comcast Cable Communications' plan to add local news broadcast to its cable television channel CN8 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as of April 17, 2000. Background on the cable television network.
- Comcast Adds Video Screens to Guide. Sprangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/23/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p26
The article features Comcast Central, a video-based interactive program guide deployed by Comcast that can display up to six live channels simultaneously to about a quarter of its digital-cable footprint. The company's home base of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is among the systems to get it next....
- Comcast Kicks Regional News Into High Gear. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);10/13/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p24
Looks at the enhancements made by the CN8 cable television network of Comcast to its locally produced programming in New England in 2003. Original regional prime-time news programs of the network; Importance of associating the Comcast name with the New England Cable News.
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.
- Madison, Wis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
Presents information about the state of the cable television broadcasting industry in Madison, Wisconsin as of February 26, 2001. Optimism of station managers that the market has a healthy economy and local advertising is up; Total amount in cable television revenues expected to be generated by...