Force of nature
- ANTI-ANTI-HOWARDISM. // Quadrant Magazine;Apr2002, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p2
Editorial. Discusses the allegations faced by Australian Prime Minister John Howard. Criticisms faced by Howard; Behavior of anti-Howard camp; Similarities between Howard and Governor-General Peter Hollingworth.
- Howard movin' on up. Walsh, Kerry-Anne // Bulletin with Newsweek;3/12/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6013, p14
Focuses on John Howard, the prime minister (PM)-elect of Australia. Implications of the landslide swing to the Coalition and the doubling of the vote for the Democrats; What could affect Howard's reform agenda; Promises of his campaign; Source of Howard's ability to deliver on his big ticket...
- THE HISTORY MAN. Wright, Tony // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/20/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6302, p22
Reports on the historical significance of Australian Prime Minister John Howard. Contributions to Australian politics; Reasons for winning the elections; Credentials of the Howard government; Comments on the legitimacy of Howard's electoral success.
- By his leave. Brenchley, Fred // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/20/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6302, p24
Reports on the political career Australian Prime Minister John Howard. Reaction of Howard on winning the elections; Significance of Howard's 64th birthday; Thoughts on the retirement of Howard.
- Three-card trick. Oakes, Laurie // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/20/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6302, p29
Discusses the success of Australian Prime Minister John Howard in attaining a third term in government. Challenges faced by the Howard administration; Analysis of the political leadership of Howard; Stand on the asylum-seekers issue.
- Extra Ordinary. Carlyon, Les // Bulletin with Newsweek;12/4/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6304, p28
Reports the public reactions over the victory of Prime Minister John Howard in Australia. Character comparisons; Highlights of his responses to the opposition; Criticism over opinion-editorial pages of broadsheets.
- Big brotherly love. McQueen, Humphrey // Bulletin with Newsweek;02/29/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6213, p17
Reports that Australia Prime Minister John Howard's intervention of in the business affairs of his brother has a precedent in his mentor Robert Joseph Menzies, founder of the Liberal Party and prime minister from 1950 to 1965. Menzies' use of his position as Victoria's attorney-general to...
- Howard home and unmoved. // BRW;2/20/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the return of Australia Prime Minister John Howard from his visit in Great Britain, Indonesia and the U.S.
- Ten years down. // BRW;3/9/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p96
The article reports that Australia's Prime Minister John Howard has marked his 10 years in office on March 2, 2006.