WANTED -- New Ideas for Testing Duct Silencers
- Furthering the Scienceâ€”ASTM International. Porterfield, Donivan R. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2003, Vol. 673 Issue 1, p411
Features the American Society for Testing and Materials International, a voluntary consensus standards organization in the U.S. List of standard developing subcommittees of the Nuclear Fuel Cycle and Nuclear Technology and Applications committees; Three levels of balloting that is accomplished...
- Name Change Reflects Global Scope. // Quality;Mar2002, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the change of name by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), a voluntary standards organization. Purpose of its name change; Total number of the organization's membership as of March 2002; Basis for the ASTM method of developing standards.
- ASTM International. // R&D Magazine;Feb2002, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p72
Features the company, ASTM International, a provider of global forums for the development and publication of voluntary standards used worldwide. Background of the organization; Products of the organization.
- ISEA to OSHA: Let's Work Together on Standards Updates. Glucksman, Daniel I. // Occupational Hazards;Apr2008, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p41
The article reports on the effort of the International Safety Equipment Association (ISEA) to stop a misguided proposal from the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) that could make safety-related American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and American Society for Testing...
- SHORT RUNS. // Quality Progress;Oct2010, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p21
The article offers information related to total quality management. The American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) new sports equipment standard which addresses the elasticity and stiffness of baseballs and softballs was developed. The Polyurethane Manufactures Association (PMA) will hold...
- ASTM sets up standard for road wheel test. // Rubber & Plastics News;9/6/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p31
The article reports that the American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM) International Committee F09 on Tires has established a new standard to cover a laboratory road wheel test to realistically evaluate truck and bus tires for specific road conditions.
- ASTM issues new standard. // Contractor Magazine;Jan2010, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p42
The article reports on the issuance of F2618, a new standard which details the performance requirements of CPVC pipe, fittings and solvent cements to be used in chemical waste drainage systems, by American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM) in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Plastic lumber makers move to standardize testing. Knights, Mikell // Plastics Technology;Jun97, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p41
Focuses on the standards that need for the approval of American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) to develop nationally test methods that will help establish a benchmark performance of plastic lumber. How plastic lumber shows signs of growing maturity and acceptance in the market;...
- ASTM. // Appliance Manufacturer;Feb2002, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p14
Reports that the American Society for Testing and Materials has changed its name. Reason for the name change; New name.