Benefits of Fan System Optimization
- Fan maintenance saves energy. Petersen, Dana // Missouri Ruralist;Aug2012, p43
The article focuses on proper fan selection and maintenance to improve the energy efficiency of the ventilation system. INSET: Spreader moves more material.
- The Fan Selection Process: How to select the right fans and successfully specify fan pressure. Stevens, Mark // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Apr2008 Supplement, Vol. 80, p22
The article discusses the proper selection of fans and their specification. It states that proper selection avoids high energy cost, extreme airflow noise, and increased maintenance requirements. It cites the various types of fans including centrifugal fans, propeller fans and radial bladed...
- EC motor boosts fan efficiency. // Heating & Ventilating Review;Apr2011, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p31
The article provides information on EC TwinBox Fan and its role in enhancing high efficiency and low energy consumption of fans.
- Selecting Fans. Kavanaugh, Steve // ASHRAE Journal;Oct2015, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Selecting Fans for Minimum Energy Consumption" by Michael Brendel in the August 2015 issue.
- Fans forced to aim at a moving energy target. Duggan, Mike // Heating & Ventilating Review;Apr2012, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p36
The article presents information on efficiency standards that have been established for fans. England, the U.S., Australia and China conducted studies in improving and classifying the energy efficiency of fans. In December 2010, the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) published...
- Selecting Fans. Brendel, Michael // ASHRAE Journal;Oct2015, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p10
The article presents a response to a commentary regarding the impact of supply fan pressure on the energy consumption of a hydronic system.
- Summer Maintenance. Logan, Michael // Cottages & Bungalows;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p12
The article offers information on how to maintain vintage home in the fall. It suggests to check and repair dwellings in order to provide full operation and replace it with exterior glazing. It recommends to remove and clean the hose and the fan blades with cloth and dry thoroughly with hot air...
- Optimizing Existing - Building Energy Efficiency. Clark, David // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jan2008, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p36
The article discusses investment trends related to energy efficiency in existing buildings. According to a survey commissioned by Johnson Controls, 79% believe that energy prices would rise significantly in 2008 with an average increase of 13.3%. Since lighting usually accounts for 30% of energy...
- The Cost of Doing BUSINESS. Lampugnano, Vito // Process Cooling & Equipment;Nov/Dec2005, p25
Presents an evaluation on the capacity, energy consumption and operational maintenance of a refrigeration system in the U.S. Determination of the refrigeration load requirement of the facility; Energy consumption; Test on the retrofit system.