New "Heights and Areas" Study Group Formed
- SFPE Develops Fire-Safety Guidelines for Tall Buildings. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;3/6/2012, p1
The article reports the development of the "Guidelines for Designing Fire Safety in Very Tall Buildings" by the Society of Fire Protection Engineers, in collaboration with the International Code Council.
- PBD: The Way to Go in the UAE. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Feb2007, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p57
The article focuses on performance based designs (PBD), regarding fire protection for new construction in the Gulf region. Each project is a challenge for the fire protection engineer as PBS look beyond minimum specified codes and helps all the members involved to agree on project goals. Great...
- International Code Council checks September 11-rooted building improvements. // Concrete Products;Sep2011, Vol. 114 Issue 9, p20
The article reports on the building safety and fire prevention codes of the International Code Council (ICC) based in Washington, D.C. Gary Lewis of ICC mentions that the building safety and fire prevention code were evaluated to save lives and reduce property damage during natural disasters. It...
- Green codes are comprehensive, powerful tools. Peters, Jay // Contractor Magazine;Apr2010, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p32
The article reports on the development of the International Green Construction Code (IGCC) Public Version 1.0 by the International Code Council. It states that the code is the first construction code that sets code requirements for a minimum level of commercial buildings' sustainable design. It...
- ICC, SFPE Collaborate on Key Initiative. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Mar2007, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p27
The article reports that the International Code Council and the Society of Fire Protection Engineers have announced that the organizations are working on key strategic initiatives. The partnership aims to facilitate fire protection design education and application and improve public safety...
- FIRST INTEGRATED GREEN CONSTRUCTION CODE SET FOR 2010 DEBUT. // Journal of Property Management;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p6
The article announces the release of the International Green Construction Code (IGCC) developed by the International Code Council (ICC) to integrate with other international codes for safe and sustainable building construction.
- NEW SKYSCRAPER CODES FOR ELEVATORS. // Elevator World;Jan2009, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p30
The article reports on the compromise made between the International Code Council and the General Services Administration concerning codes for elevators in new skyscrapers in the U.S. According to the NYTimes.com, both agencies agreed not to require an additional stairwell for office building...
- The International Code Council announced the... // Contractor Magazine;Jun97, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p5
Reports that the availability of the working draft of the International Building Code was announced by the International Code Council. Scheduled date for a public comment forum on the draft; When comments was expected to be submitted.
- Why rush to make mishmash? Tyree, Perry C. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/20/98, Vol. 240 Issue 16, p147
Opinion. Looks at the development of a national code package which included the International Building Code, by the International Code Council in the United States. When the code is scheduled to be released; What the codes will replace; Disadvantages of the code-writing process that the three...