Family looks for answers in Brooklyn teen's shooting
- Catching the Copycats. Butterfield, Fox // New York Times Upfront;04/02/2001, Vol. 133 Issue 15, p7
Presents solution to catch students planning violent attacks against schools in Santee, California. Account of the killing of two high school students; Significance of information given to authorities in arresting the alleged students planning school attacks; Importance of telling adults about...
- Eleven students suspended after fight at St. Charles West. Baraba, Sarah // St. Charles Journal;2/13/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 7, pA5
The article reports that 11 students were suspended from the St. Charles West High School, St. Charles County, Missouri on the charges of getting embroiled in a violent fight.
- Too far this time? Wilkins, Richard D. // Business Journal (Central New York);05/21/99, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p31
Editorial. Criticizes Howard Stern's radio commentary on the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado. Questionable acts involving the shootings; Editorials responding to Stern's commentary; Stern's commentary on Kosovo; Lack of response from CBS Radio, which syndicates Stern's...
- Understanding the determinants and preventive strategies for high school violence in South Africa: The Stakeholders' Targetted Model. Akinsola, H. A. // African Journal for Physical, Health Education, Recreation & Dan;Dec2010, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p648
School violence is a serious public health issue in South Africa. Akinsola and Ramakuela (2009) conducted a study on teachers' perceived prevalence, determinants and preventive strategies for violence-related behaviours among South African high school children in rural Vhembe district. Based on...
- JUSTICE FOR PHOEBE. Meadows, Bob; Herbst, Diane // People;4/12/2010, Vol. 73 Issue 14, p77
The article reports that nine schoolmates of Phoebe Prince, a South Hadley, Massachusetts student who committed suicide, have been charged with accusations including statutory rape, stalking, and criminal harassment. The article discusses whether or not the faculty members and administrators of...
- Betrayed by their silence? Streisand, Betsy; Cannon, Angie; Mulrine, Anna; Dotinga, Randy // U.S. News & World Report;03/19/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 11, p22
Discusses the impact of the high school shooting at Santana High School in Santee, California. How alleged shooter Charles Andrew Williams told fellow students he planned on shooting his classmates; How people hope other students will tell adults and police if they suspect someone may be...
- Six charged as conspirators in Miss. High School slayings. Lawton, Millicent // Education Week;10/15/97, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the six current or graduate students at Pearl High School in Mississippi charged of conspiracy in a plot to kill fellow students. Profiles of the suspects; Educational performance of the students.
- Treating Cyberbullying as a School Violence. Stover, Del // Education Digest;Dec2006, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p40
The article focuses on treating cyberbullying as a school violence issue. Online bullying is especially prevalent in middle and high schools. The author claims that for the targets of cyberbullying, the psychological harm generated is comparable to that of physical bullying. Specific concerns...
- Do you believe? Keizer, Garret // Christian Century;06/02/99, Vol. 116 Issue 17, p604
Probes the meaning of human belief in God. Discussion on the fate of a female student at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado who was shot dead when she answered yes to the question if she believe in God; Importance of faith that works over faith alone.