Lowering the Bar
- Breast International Group (BIG). // Annals of Oncology;May2014 Supplement 1, Vol. 25 Issue suppl_1, pv
No abstract available.
- EORTC-NCI-AACR ROUNDUP. // BioWorld Today;10/24/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 208, p9
This article offers a summary of data presented at the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) in conjunction with the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Symposium on Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics in...
- A Shot at Cancer. Park, Alice // Time International (South Pacific Edition);9/14/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 10, p26
The article discusses the continuing medical battle against cancer, historical treatment approaches, and growth in the use of vaccines to prevent relapses after other treatments are complete. It discusses the work of National Cancer Institute (NCI) medical researchers Douglas Schwartzentruber...
- Laetrile Flunks. // Time;
The article discusses the results of the tests conducted by U.S. National Cancer Institute involving laetrile for the treatment of cancer. The tests were done on 156 patients with advanced cancer from four hospitals including Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer...
- AACR Roundup. // BioWorld Today;11/17/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 224, p8
The article reports on data presented at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)-National Cancer Institute (NCI)- European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) International Conference on Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics in San Francisco, California.
- Cancer Is Genetically Diverse, But Cancer Cell Lines Are Not. Breindl, Anette // BioWorld Today;11/2/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 213, p1
The article presents the results of a study conducted by scientists at the National Cancer Institute on the reasons why cancer is difficult to treat. Michael Gottesman, senior author of the study, explained that the variation of genetic alterations contributed to the difficulty of treating...
- FIGHTING CANCER FROM WITHIN. Lemonick, Michael D. // Time;9/30/2002, Vol. 160 Issue 14, p63
Reports on a cancer-fighting technique that was announced in 'Science.' Use of the immune system in the body against cancer; Research conducted at the National Cancer Institute; T-cell injections; Tumor shrinkage.
- NCI Considering a New Focus on Molecular Medicine. // Applied Clinical Trials;Jul2005, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the acceptance of suggestions on the importance of molecular medicine by the U.S. National Cancer Institute's National Cancer Advisory Board. Efficacy of the treatment option; Categories of the suggestions; Goal of the agency to end the suffering and death by cancer by 2015.
- Intergroup Phase III Study (CALGB 100104) Reports Overall Survival Benefit with Revlimid(r) As Continuous Therapy for Patients with Multiple Myeloma. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/9/2011, p222
The article cites a clinical study sponsored by the U.S. National Cancer Institute, presented by representatives led by the Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB) at the 2011 International Myeloma Workshop in Paris, France. The Intergroup Phase III Study reports overall survival benefit with...