20 YEARS AGO
- Regulations on Import and Export of Precursor Chemicals Changed for FFE. // China Chemical Reporter;5/16/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p14
The article reports on the changes on regulations for the import and export of precursor chemicals of foreign-funded enterprises (FFE) in China. On April 1, 2009, the Ministry of Commerce (MOC) said that FFE is to be handled by the Department of Mechanical and Hi-Tech Industry. Moreover, the...
- Export lapses may be penalised. A.H. Sharda Aiyar // Chemical Business;Nov95, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p41
Reports on the steps planned by the Indian government to penalize erring exporters of chemical products. Comments from Minister P. Chidambaram.
- Export control is a virtual minefield. MCCLAFFERTY, ERIC; DOBSON, MICHAEL // ICIS Chemical Business;5/7/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 17, p36
The article addresses the issue of export control in the chemical industry and offers information about compliance systems for managing changing export controls in the U.S. Topics include penalties a company may incur for violating export control rules, ingredients in chemical weapons, and...
- Global drive raises trade concerns. HARRIES-REES, KAREN // ICIS Chemical Business;5/21/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 18, Special section p14
The article looks at trade issues facing the European chemical distribution sector when doing business with countries outside of the region. Examples of trade barriers include tariffs and duties on chemical products, complicated customs processes and regulations, and China's export restrictions...
- Customs clampdown hits imports. McElligott, Suzanne // Chemical Week;8/31/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 8, pS3
Reports on the impact of the withdrawal of Chinese buyers from international chemical markets on the industry worldwide. Decline in chemical prices; Effect on sales and earnings growth of most multinational chemical manufacturers; Reasons behind China's decision to stop importing.
- Distribution becomes a private dominion. McElligott, Suzanne // Chemical Week;8/28/1996 Supplement China, Vol. 158 Issue 33, pS42
Focuses on chemicals distribution in China. Combination of state-run entities, private enterprises and opportunity-seeking individuals; Decline in China National Chemicals Import and Export Corp.'s role in chemicals distribution; Key chemical imports in China.
- Chemical imports. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/26/98, Vol. 254 Issue 17, p37
Lists selected chemicals imported to the United States for the month of June 1998. Includes ABS copolymer; Alkyd resins; Carboxymethyl cellulose and its salts; Cellulose acetates; Epoxide resins.
- Chemical imports. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/16/98, Vol. 254 Issue 20, p29
Lists the United States imports of selected chemicals for July 1998. Includes manganese dioxide; Nickel Chloride; Nickel sulfate; Dipotassium carbonate; Potassium dichromate; Potassium hydroxide; Sodium; Perborate; Fluorides of Sodium.
- Chem Industry Results Surge as Euro Falters. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;06/05/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 23, p5
Discusses the effect of the weak euro in the chemical industry in Europe. Effect of the euro's weakness on foreign sales; Increase in chemical exports and imports in 1999; Increase in Germany's chemical exports for the first two months of 2000.