Europe quiet in the run-up to Easter
- Record High Prices Temper Propylene Demand. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;3/22/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 12, p1
Propylene prices in the U.S. continue to surge due to firm demand and supply constraints around the U.S. Gulf Coast. Meanwhile, ethylene sellers are still seeking price increases, but buyers are beginning to question their own ability to pass on any further increases to their customers....
- OLEFINS. Noor-Drugan, Natalie // Chemical Week;5/9/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 19, p14
Discusses the prices of propylene spot in Europe and the argument of a leading producer regarding an ethylene contract. Reason for the increase in the prices; Observation on ethylene margins; Expectation on olefins spot prices.
- Demand Drought Stagnates European Spot Olefins Markets. Morris, Gregory DL // Chemical Week;4/13/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 10, p38
The article reports on the state of the European olefins market following the return of petrochemical executives from the National Petrochemical & Refiners Association's International Petrochemical Conference. It is noted that the market was calm as buyers are taking their contract volumes in...
- Asian petrochemical supplies are expected to rise in 2007. Darni, Nurul; Myung, Gina // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;1/8/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 1, p14
The article reports that expansions and new-builds will add more than 1.8m tonnes/year of ethylene and 780,000 tonnes/year of propylene in Asia in 2007. Japan will shut six plants, which will result in 2.7m tonnes of ethylene going offline for 30 days. More olefins supply are expected with new...
- Chiral Phosphoric Acid Catalyzed Diastereo- and Enantioselective 1,4-Conjugate Addition of ï¿½-Ketoesters to Nitroolefins. Hui Zhang; Lin-Feng Cuna; Xiao-Mei Zhanga; Wei-Cheng Yuan // Letters in Organic Chemistry;Apr2010, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p219
Chiral phosphoric acid as organocatalyst for the diastereo- and enantioselectivity 1,4-conjugate addition of a variety of ï¿½-ketoesters to nitroolefins was firstly developed, providing the corresponding adducts in high yield (up to 97%) with moderate diastereoselectivities (up to 2.6:1 dr)...
- US olefins to stabilize in 2006. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;1/9/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 1, p24
This article reports that the U.S. olefins market is expected to come down from the recent highs in the first quarter of 2006 because of a slowdown in demand and a jump in supply availability. Donald Carson, analyst with Merrill Lynch, said that, with U.S. ethylene availability improving due to...
- Peak conditions for petrochemicals. Brown, Rob; Hess, Glenn // Chemical Market Reporter;3/28/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 13, p17
Discusses the peak conditions for the global olefins market and the petrochemicals sector. Preview of the annual National Petrochemical and Refiners Association Initial Planning Conference in San Antonio, Texas; Healthy demand combined with a lack of new capacity; Strong margins for the first...
- Demand Weakness Hurts Contracts. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;12/19/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 46, p26
Reports the decline in ethylene and propylene trade contracts in the United States as of December 19, 2001. Factors which led to the decline; Actions made by companies in response to the decline.
- Mixed bag from west European producers. Raman, Radha // Chemical Business;Sep99, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p85
Provides information on the production of ethylene and propylene in Western Europe for the second quarter of 1999. Comparison of the figures with the first quarter output levels.