- Rolling pipelines across the borders. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2003, Vol. 159 Issue 3, p159
Profiles rail4chem, a chemical company based in Essen, Germany. Owners of the company; Description of the services offered by the company; Partnerships formed by the company.
- Train alliance standardises. Chynoweth, Emma; Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;11/20/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 44, p39
The article focuses on a Memorandum of Understanding signed by Rail4chem and ALE, an alliance of 15 national train driver trade unions, which cements their joint aim of creating standard working conditions for train drivers in Europe. The agreement should make it possible to operate uniform...
- LOGISTICS & DISTRIBUTION. Burridge, Elaine // European Chemical News;2/28/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2136, p16
Presents news briefs on issues and events related to the chemical industry as of February 28, 2005. Regular freight service planned to run by German rail freight companies Transpetrol and Rail4Chem; Financial performance of Netherlands-based distributor Univar in 2004.
- Supply Chain. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;2/6/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p33
The article offers news briefs on the European chemical industry as of February 6, 2006. 3V Sigma has appointed Lake Chemicals and Minerals as its sales and marketing partner for polymer and coatings applications in Great Britain and Ireland. Rail4Chem has been allowed to use Belgium's rail network.
- Chemical producers, railroads reach tank car agreement. Morris, Gregory DL // Chemical Week;8/25/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 7, p13
Reports on the agreement for the transport of halogenated compounds by trade association representatives for chemical producers, railroads and tank car makers. Expected completion of turnover; Safety features of high-pressure cars; Choice of halogenated substances. INSET: Chemicals covered in...
- Aker Aukra in tanker deal. Whitfield, Mark // European Chemical News;5/24/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2101, p17
Reports on the contract forged by Aker Aukra subsidiary Aker Yards and Norwegian chemical tanker company Fleischer for the development of a chemical/product tanker for the tanker company. Estimated value of the contract; Description of the vessel to be created.
- Texas shakes up truckers. Perin, Monica // Chemical Week;9/27/95 Supplement, Vol. 157 Issue 11, pS24
Reports on the impact on chemical trucking companies of the January 1, 1996 deadline given by the federal government to 35 states to deregulate intrastate trucking. Confinement of effects of deregulation to small chemical and trucking companies in Texas; Need for a bigger base and more...
- Parcel tanker lines add new ships. Morris, Gregory D.L.; Tattum, Lyn // Chemical Week;9/25/96 Supplement Consolidation, Vol. 158 Issue 36, pT11
Reports on the expansion of parcel tanker fleets for chemical transport and distribution. Mitsui & Co.'s acquisition of Tokyo Marine to challenge the Norwegians' dominance of the parcel tanker business; Delivery of big, expensive new vessels by large top-tier tanker operators; Danger of...
- Market upturn is no safe bet. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;11/3/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 16, p16
Reports on the 20th European Petrochemical Association (EPCA) distribution meeting in Monte Carlo. Shipowners' comments on the improvement in chemical tanker markets; Implications of the price of buildings to the growth in the supply of chemical tankers; Expansion of the industry into the Far East.