TDG bags a trio of contracts
- Winning the battle for efficiency savings. Thorpe, Nick // Logistics & Transport Focus;May2006, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p36
The article discusses the Price, Volume, Efficiency, Utilisation, Cost (PVEUC) approach that helped logistics contractor TDG save efficiently. PVEUC provides site management by looking at ways to enhance individual elements of the operation. Based on internal consultancy approach, PVEUC...
- Focus on core business processes. Fredholm, Peter // Frontline Solutions;Mar2000, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p44
Focuses on the outsourcing of distribution activities to third-party logistics providers. Tasks of third-party logistics providers; Cost savings from using third-party logistics providers; Strategies in outsourcing to third-party providers.
- INSIDE OUTSOURCING. // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;Feb2004, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the presentation of the first Survey of Canadian Third-Party Logistics. Trends in outsourcing business transportation and logistics services in the country; Changes in third-party business relationships.
- SHORT TERM GAINS. Meczes, Robin // Motor Transport;10/23/2003, p16
Discusses the business strategy of British third party logistics provider Amethyst Group Company focusing on small, shot-term storage and distribution contracts. Benefits gained by the company from adhering to the strategy; Information on the logistics bases of the company; Discussion on the...
- When a Third Party is Your First Choice. Witt, Clyde E. // Material Handling Management;Oct2003, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p22
Focuses on the popularity of third-party logistics provider among the warehousing and distribution industry. Attributions to the trend; Criteria for choosing a third-party logistics provider; Mistakes commonly committed by companies when outsourcing. INSETS: Working With a Long-Term...
- 3PL/4PL--Where Next? Love, John // Logistics & Transport Focus;Apr2004, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p18
This article discusses the emergence of the fourth party logistics provider (4PL) and its implications for third party logistics providers (3PL). The traditional 3PL manage and execute a particular logistics function, using their own assets and resources, on behalf of another company. The idea...
- Kimberly-Clark to spread its distribution. Brown, Roger // Motor Transport;11/12/2009, p1
The article reports on the distribution contract of Kimberly-Clark Corp (KC). Under the move, TDG PLC, the former distributor of KC, will retain 50 percent of KC's transport work and will manage routes for all 14 firms listed in the contract. KC relates that the updated contract will cut its...
- Filling up the thirst for fuel. Perry, Dominic // Motor Transport;5/24/2007, p30
The article reports on the fuel supply contract of logistics firm TDG with Tesco. For the Tesco fuel business, rapid growth presented additional challenges, not least ensuring sufficient fuel is available on the ground to keep in step with customer demand. The solution is a combination of...
- Bayer outsources logistics arm: TDG bags contract. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;6/9/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2056, p17
Reports that TDG has been awarded a warehousing and distribution contract from Bayer AG, following its decision to outsource its logistics arm in June 2003. Terms of the deal; Reason for the selection of TDG; Reaction of TDG to the business deal.