EU chlorine production lower during February
- October sees production jump. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;12/6/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2127, p10
Reports on the increase in chlorine production in western Europe in October 2004. Performance of caustic soda stocks in the market; Comparison of West European chlorine production between 2003 and 2004.
- US caustic falls but Oct hikes eyed. Bowen, Bill // ICIS Chemical Business;10/20/2014, Vol. 286 Issue 13, p1
The article focuses on caustic soda prices in the United States. It comments on proposed price increases for liquid caustic soda contracts for October with producers suggesting production rates of the co-product chlorine will decline due to high ethylene costs. It suggests that increasing...
- Chlor-Alkali Production Hurt by Hurricane. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;9/7/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 29, p24
Reports on the effect of the tragedy of Hurricane Katrina on the production of chlor-alkali in the U.S. as of September 2005. Increase in the prices of chlorine and caustic soda; Percentage of North American chlor-alkali capacity for which Louisiana is accounted; Companies that closed their...
- Production rates up on 2003. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;1/10/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2129, p12
Reports on an increase in chlorine production in Western Europe in November 2004. Capacity utilization rates in November 2004; Factors that contributed to the recovery of stocks of caustic soda, a co-product of chlorine.
- Caustic soda loses its fizz. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;8/1/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2158, p12
Reports on the decline in inventories of caustic soda in Europe from May to June 2005. Status of caustic supply; Total volume of chlorine produced on a daily basis.
- October rise for chlorine. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;12/5/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2174, p13
The article reports on the increase in chlorine production in Europe as of October 2005 according to the Euro Chlor. Data from the association of chlor-alkali producers show that output was almost unchanged on a daily basis in September. Caustic soda stocks declined by 4% in September. In...
- Caustic Soda Will Be Oversupply in 2007. Yao Liqin // China Chemical Reporter;4/26/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p16
The article reports on the rapid growth of caustic soda production in China. According to the author, the capacity of caustic soda producers at the end of 2006 was 17.61 million tons per acre with an output of 15.118 million tons, an increase of 19.0% over 2005. It is stated that the country's...
- Caustic soda increase puts pressure on chlorine. Morris, Gregory D.L. // Chemical Week;9/20/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the pressure on chlorine prices created by the price increase of caustic soda in the United States.
- Caustic Soda Rises, but Chlorine Sputters. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;10/30/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 43, p31
Reports the price increase of caustic soda and the decline of chlorine prices as of October 30, 2002. Demand for caustic soda; Prices of chlorine.