Outages hit ethanol
- Ineos buys CHP plant at Grangemouth. // Utility Week;10/10/2014, p18
The article reports that the chemicals company Ineos Group Ltd. has acquired a gas-fired power plant located in Grangemouth, Scotland by paying 54 million pounds.
- HIGH HOPES SEEM MISPLACED FOR PHENOL. Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;2/12/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 53, p37
The article focuses on the production and supply of phenol as of February 2007. Many players doubt whether availability will ease significantly in the second half of the year. Ertisa is late bringing its phenol line on stream in Spain, with rumors of a start-up in the next couple of months....
- Ineos Expands Ethanolamines and EO at French Site. // Chemical Week;3/7/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 8, p17
The article deals with the plan of Ineos to expand ethylene oxide (EO) and ethanolamines capacity at LavÃ©ra in France. Ethanolamines capacity will rise from 55,000 metre ton (mt)/year, to 180,000 m.t./year, for completion in early 2010. The project will raise the company's overall...
- Price Margins Pushed Upward for Ineos. Fest, Glen // High Yield Report;2/17/2014, p17
The article reports that British chemicals manufacturer Ineos Group Ltd. has settled a price margin for a $4.1 billion senior term loan in February 2014.
- Unprecedented number of FMs hitting European crackers. Weddle, Nel // ICIS Chemical Business;Jun2015, Issue 3661, p8
The article discusses the failure of the olefins market in Europe to return to 2014 price levels as crude oil for ethylene production has risen in cost while force majeure outages have incapacitated naphtha crackers of INEOS at Lavera and Repsol in Tarragona.
- Offshoring and Price Measurement in the Semiconductor Industry. Byrne, David; Kovak, Brian K.; Michaels, Ryan // Survey of Current Business;Feb2011, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p169
A conference paper on the implications of global production sharing for price measurement of semiconductors is presented. It mentions that the price measurement is critical for high-end domestic manufacturing and the growth of the U.S. productivity. The authors explores new transaction-level...
- Feedstock hikes surprise producers. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;4/26/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2097, p10
Reports on the planned price hikes pushed through by European n-butanols producers for the second quarter of 2004. Reason for the price increases; Factors that aided the price strategies of sellers; Factors that caused lower n-butanols productions.
- Ineos Buys CPChem's Cumene Unit. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;11/9/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 37, p15
Reports on the intention of Ineos to acquire the cumene plant of Chevron Phillips Chemical in Port Arthur, Texas as part of its strategy to back-integrate its phenol-acetone production at Mobile, Alabama. Production performance of the plant; Capacity of Ineos' phenol plant; Target market of the...
- Hikes emerging for Q4 ethanol deals. Ellis, Vicky // ICIS Chemical Business;10/5/2015, Issue 3678, p22
The article focuses on the projected increase in ethanol prices for the fourth quarter of 2015 due to tightness in ethanol supply in Europe. Topics covered include the impact on supply of the force majeure declared by chemical company Ineos, the plan of producers to negotiate for higher prices,...