Global inflation raises uncertainty
- Cefic Forecasts Higher Production and Prices, but Oil Prices Hurt Downstream Subsectors. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;3/29/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 11, p21
The article highlights the report Chemical Trends published by Cefic in March 2006. Sales of chemicals increased in 2005. The sensitivity of chemical sub-sectors to crude oil prices is asymmetric. Cefic expects chemical prices to continue to increase this year.
- Petrochemicals in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/24/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 12, p8
Reports business related developments in the chemical industry as of March 2003. Impact of BTX's falling crude oil prices on benzene pricing; Decision of Dicyclopentadiene Texmark Chemicals Inc. to increase prices for all grades of dicyclopentadiene; Launch of a 6c. per round increase on...
- Oil News, Bernanke Boost Bank Stocks. Davis, Paul // American Banker;7/9/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 131, p20
This article reports that several U.S. banking companies posted double-digit stock market gains on July 8, 2008. A suggested reason behind this is a nine dollar decline in oil prices over the two days prior. Another reason given is reassuring comments regarding financial stocks from Ben...
- Street Smarts. Brodsky, Norm // Inc.;Aug2005, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p49
Focuses on the need for entrepreneurs to avoid raising prices amid other cost increases. Effects of price increases on profit margins; Ways to deal with the growth of costs of fuel, health care and steel; Significance of mitigating the impact of raising prices on customers and employees.
- Too much of a good thing. Dutta, Ashok // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/2/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p4
The author reflects on the global surge in petroleum refining capacity. He says that this trend has caused problems, such as slashing of profit margins and destabilization of global energy markets. He claims that under-investment in refining in the past was caused by low profit margins but...
- Waiting on Bernanke. Will he be like Godot? // In Search of the Perfect Investment;6/18/2013, p1
The article presents the author's comments on the impact of U.S. Federal Reserve Chief Ben Bernanke's decisions on the U.S. stock market.
- CW75 stock performance. // Chemical Week;12/12/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 40, p35
The article looks at the stock performance of chemical companies in the U.S. The CW75 Index jumped 4.5% for the week ending December 4, 2007, outpacing broader market indexes. Basic chemical shares rose 6.9%, helped by lower crude oil prices, analysts say. Diversified chemical shares increased...
- MARKET COMMENTARY. // Dow Theory Forecasts;6/12/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 24, p3
The article comments on the alarming stock performance of several companies in the U.S. Study shows that because of the increase in interest rate of the Federal Reserve, the stocks were not able to recover from its decline in the month of May 2006. It recommends that subscribers should obtain...
- MARKET COMMENTARY: A dangerously blithe indifference? // Dow Theory Forecasts;4/4/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 14, p3
In this article, the author discusses the performance of U.S. stocks which have rebounded impressively despite major global uncertainties. The author is critical on the factors that affect the market's resiliency such as the nuclear trouble faced by Japan and the oil price increase in Middle...