Bank cash to triple Brazil's biofuel yield
- IDB Spports Sustainable Energy for Rural Electrification in Haiti. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;7/1/2013, p25
The article reports on the support by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) of a 3 million U.S. dollars technical cooperation project to help the government of Haiti test different renewable energy solutions aimed to expand rural electrification.
- IDB Spports Sustainable Energy for Rural Electrification in Haiti. // Transmission & Distribution World;Jul2013, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on the three-million dollar support of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) to a technical cooperation project that will help the government of Haiti to test different renewable energy solutions with the goal of expanding rural electrification.
- IMPLEMENTING AID FOR TRADE IN LATIN AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN: MAKING PROGRESS. Moreno, Luis Alberto // International Trade Forum;2009, Issue 2, p18
The author describes the involvement of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) in the Aid for Trade initiative in the Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) region. He outlines a range of projects and initiatives where IDB heavily invested to promote the poverty alleviation initiative in LAC and...
- UPR's Latortue helping rebuild the country. Collins, John // Caribbean Business;5/18/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p41
Reports on an emergency program administered by University of Puerto Rico Professor Paul Latortue in Haiti funded by the Inter-American Development Bank. Total emergency program value; Rehabilitation of physical infrastructure; Improvement of agriculture; Upgrading delivery of electricity.
- Frozen international aid looks set to resume to Haiti. // New York Amsterdam News;7/31/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 31, p14
Saying they were upset with the apparent reluctance of politician Jean Bertrand Aristide government to implement political reforms and curb violent attacks on the media and opposition activists, the international community led by the U.S. froze more than $500 million in development to Haiti in...
- HIGHLIGHTS. // International Construction;Nov2012, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p6
The article presents several news related to the construction industry including approval of the 203 million dollars loan by the World Bank to the Niger Basin Water Resources Development and Sustainable Ecosystems Management Program, the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) is giving loan of...
- Electricity companies move into renewables. // Energy Caribbean;2009, Issue 45, p16
The article reports on the adoption of Caribbean electricity companies on the use of renewable energy as a source of energy. It notes that St. Lucia-based Carilec, an electric utilities association, will lead the move on adopting the use of renewables. It highlights that the Inter-American...
- GUATEMALA. // Caribbean Update;Apr2009, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p11
This section offers news briefs from Guatemala as of April 2009. Violent Mexican drug traffickers reportedly settled in the country. A U.S.-trained force to combat drug trafficking has been unveiled by Guatemala. The beneficiary of a $65 million from the Inter-American Development Bank is...
- IDB BACKS BARBADOS'S RENEWABLE ENERGY PROGRAMME. // Energy Caribbean;2010, Issue 52, p24
The article reports on the agreement between the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and Barbados which will provide $45 million to support the country's renewable energy campaign. Topics discussed include the study from the World Bank about the electricity generation options of the nation for...