West Bengal moves petrochemicals park
- Petchems want Bataan econ zone. // Asian Chemical News;7/21/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 409, p9
Reports on the request of petrochemical companies in the Philippines to have the petrochemical park of Philippine National Oil Corp. in Bataan be declared an economic zone. Significance of companies to an economic zone; Two companies located in the petrochemical park; Improvement needs of the...
- The SEZ Show Won't Stop. Dagar, Shalini S. // Business Today;2/11/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p49
The article reports on the determination of special economic zones (SEZS), large projects that involve large-scale land purchases, to carry out rehabilitation before land acquisition in India. SEZs has fixed the three-month deadline to put together a rehabilitation policy. This rehabilitation...
- Congress approves embassy move. // Estates Gazette;3/7/2009, Issue 909, p35
This article reveals that the dministration of U.S. President Barack Obama has approved the relocation of the U.S. embassy from Mayfair to Nine Elms in London, England. The Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations can now proceed with its purchase of the land from Irish developer Ballymore. The...
- Indian government plans for first reverse SEZ in Iran. // Chemical Business;Oct2014, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p60
The article reports that the Indian government's first reverse special economic zone (SEZ) project, which will encourage chemical and petroleum chemical companies to set up plants in other countries, is likely to be established in Iran in 2014.
- Proud pat for Petzone. // Asian Chemical News;2/2/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 432, Special Section p8
Reports on the growth of business in the Petrochemical Special Economic Zone at the western Persian Gulf coast of Iran. Development of petrochemical plant infrastructure in the area; Implementation of free zones for investors; Extra investment which resulted from free zone status.
- Atlanta Wraps Up TAD Land Purchase From Fulton County. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/6/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32417, p3
The article reports on the completion of a key land purchase by the city of Atlanta, Georgia from Fulton County. The deal was almost derailed by a political conflict between the two governments. Plans for the BeltLine tax allocation district call for the land to be transformed into a park and a...
- Del Mar May Purchase Fairgrounds and Racetrack. Hirsh, Lou // San Diego Business Journal;10/11/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p5
The article reports on the plans of the city government of Del Mar, California to purchase a 400-acre property that includes the Del Mar Fairgrounds and the famed horse racetrack.
- City angling to seize large S. loop site. Corfman, Thomas A. // Crain's Chicago Business;08/16/99, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the city government's intention to buy an undeveloped parcel of land in Chicago, Illinois. Plan to develop the land into a mixed-use complex; Estimated price of the site; Local Department of Planning and Development's recruitment of MRA International Inc. to help market the property;...
- NYS acquires 575 acres more in Sterling Forest. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/4/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p4
The article reports on the acquisition of 575 acres to expand Sterling Forest State Park by the government in Orange County, New York. According to state officials, the $13.5 million purchase will protect critical natural resources. The size of Sterling Forest was increased to more than 18,200...