Singapore and China battle to be top chemicals hotspot
- US Ethylene Expansions Prompt Projections for Feedstock Needs. RICHARDS, DON // Chemical Market Reporter;01/05/98, Vol. 253 Issue 1, p5
Reports on projections for the production of U.S. ethylene for 2010. Prevalence of natural gas liquids as raw materials of choice for olefins; Prediction for naphtha and gas oil consumed in U.S. steam crackers; Demand for reformulated gasoline.
- Feedstock & Petrochemical Markets. // CIREC Monthly News;Dec2011, Issue 253, p9
The article offers news briefs related to the feedstock and petrochemical markets in Russia from 2011-2012. The total production for ethylene has reached 2.25 million tons from January-November 2011. The production for ethylene and propylene has been affected by the accident at Budyennovsk....
- Domestic market to utilise condensate. BAXTER, KEVIN // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/8/2013, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p48
The article focuses on Qatar's investment into processing facilities for condensate production to provide a sustainable alternative to liquefied natural gas (LNG) exports. It states that condensates are marketed according to oil prices and mentions Qatar produces deodorized field condensate,...
- Doing what comes naturally. Richards, Catherine // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/25/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 17, p32
Focuses on the liquefied natural gas (LNG) production in Japan as of April 2003. Outlook for natural gas; Economic significance of LNG production; Plan to develop LNG facilities in the country.
- Understanding the global petrochemical industry. PLOTKIN, JEFF // Chemical Week;7/14/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 19, p32
The article discusses the use of the process technology steam cracking within the petrochemical industry to produce ethylene as of July 14, 2014. Topics include the feedstock for steam cracking such as the natural gas liquids (NGLs) ethane and butane, the cooling of reactor effluent by...
- Lusophone Africa faces commodities challenge. Ford, Neil // African Business;Jan2016, Issue 426, p29
The article informs that Angola and Mozambique, two biggest Lusophone countries in Africa, which are in different stages of developing their huge natural resource, could not grow at the same pace due to weakening demand for commodities and a record low oil price. Topics discussed include low oil...
- Qatar: channelling spending away from the energy sector. Singh, Akshay; Ramwani, Kalpesh // Banker Middle East;Dec2015, Issue 179, p28
The article looks at the economic state in Qatar as it pursues diversification amidst the issue of oil and gas price decline as of December 2015. Topics discussed include the impact of decreasing oil prices on the economic growth of Gulf Council Countries, earnings from its hydrocarbon sector,...
- Regional Energy Market Overview. // Oman Oil & Gas Report;Q4 2011, Issue 4, p13
The article offers information on the energy sector in the Persian Gulf region. It states that the Gulf is the major exporter of Oil and Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG), and discusses the region's output capacity, regional consumption, and export capacity. Information on the oil and gas consumption...
- Dates for your diary. // Asian Chemical News;1/27/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 387, p11
Presents information on conferences on the chemical industry in Houston, Texas from January-February 2003. LNG: Economics and Technology; Russian Oil Investment: Opportunities in Production, Export and Profit.