GdF deal ends Fos-Lavera strike
- Agreement averts strike at West Coast ports. // Furniture/Today;8/6/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p2
The article reports on the tentative contract agreement between clerical workers and ocean carrier and terminal operators at Los Angeles and Long Beach ports in California. According to the article, the agreement has averted a strike that could have delayed imported furniture and other goods....
- GdF deal ends Fos-Lavera strike. Bains, Elizabeth; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/9/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 14, p15
The article reports that the strike staged by port workers at the Fos-Lavera oil and gas terminal in France has ended due to a deal drawn up by union leaders and Gaz de France (GdF). The port authority said normal operations will resume after 15 days. The strike ended after the Union Francaise...
- Walkouts over move to change EdF's status. // Power Economics;May2004, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p4
Reports that French energy workers are holding a number of one-day strikes to protest the government's planned partial capitalization of state utilities Electricite de France and Gaz de France. Opposition to the plan to turn the firms into limited companies; Privatization plans.
- More strikes for French energy sector. // Utility Week;5/28/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p10
Reports on the possibility of further strikes and demonstrations in the France energy sector due to the intention of the French government to privatize energy companies ElectricitÃ© de France (EDF) and Gaz de France. Participation of energy workers in a national strike due on June 15, 2004;...
- Important win at Campbell's Soup. Guy, Ron; Matthews, Graham // Green Left Weekly;9/23/2009, Issue 811, p2
The article reports that Campbell's Soup in Shepparton, Victoria has reversed the plan of the federal Labor government to add flexibility clause into the collective agreement after the opposition of workers and the Australian Manufacturing Workers Union (AMWU) on September 15, 2009.
- L.A. Port Strike Ends, Focus Shifts East. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/ 6/2012, Vol. 204 Issue 117, p2
The article reports a strike at two California ports has ended while federal mediators and representatives for the International Longshore and Warehouse Workers (ILWU) Local 63 Office Clerical Unit (OCU) and the Harbor Employers Association work out a deal. The two groups are working on a...
- Tentative agreement reached in POLA/POLB work stoppage. Berman, Jeff // Logistics Management;Jan2031, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on an agreement reached between the ports of Los Angeles (POLA) and the Long Beach (POLB) and the International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU) Local 63 Office Clerical Unit (OCU). The agreement has ended an eight-day strike which begun on November 27, 2012. The strike...
- THE DEVELOPMENT OF LABOR PEACE IN THE PORT OF BOSTON. McLaughlin, Francis M. // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Jan67, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p221
The article focuses on the development of labor peace in the port of Boston. Relationship between longshoremen and their employers in the Port of Boston from 1932 to 1954 could not have been much worse than they were. Inability to reach agreement resulted in parties working without a contract...
- GAZ goes shopping for parts, partners. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News;6/26/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5611, p10
Reports on the efforts of the automaker GAZ to modernize its production plants in Russia. Help from automakers in Detroit, Michigan; Plan to enter the American market; Negotiations for supply contracts.