5-MINUTE AMERICAS WATCH
- Europe in Brief. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;12/11/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 24, p8
Presents several news briefs related to the chemical industry in Europe as of December 11, 2000. Approval granted by the European Commission regarding the takeover of Holland Chemical International company by Brenntag company; Letter of intent signed by Kemira company to takeover the water...
- business & finance news. // Chemical Week;9/11/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 35, p16
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of September 11, 2002. Acquisition of Manti by Brenntag; Objective of Kemira's plan to outsource several positions as part of its plan to combine its administrative organization with those of its core business units; Financial performance of...
- In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/8/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 14, p6
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe as of April 8, 2002. Plan of Brenntag to enter the chemicals distribution market in Asia-Pacific; Objective of Kemira in the area of paints; Expansion plan of Schering's Finnish subsidiary Leiras.
- Brenntag Shifts Up a Gear. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;8/16/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 31, p50
Provides information on Brenntag chemical company. Financial performance of the company; Comments from the company's chairman, Rients Visser; Expansion plans of the company.
- europe In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/30/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 26, p4
Reports on developments in the chemical industry in Europe for the week ended July 7, 2003. Speculations that German rail operator Deutsche Bahn has shortlisted four bidders for a takeover of Brenntag, its chemicals distribution business; Possible marketing restrictions resulting from the...
- Market penetration supports profits. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;4/7/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2047, p20
Reports the financial performance of global chemical distributor Brenntag in 2002. Comparison of the financial results for 2002 and 2001; Companies acquired by Brenntag.
- Untitled. // Chemical Week;4/17/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 16, p13
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of April 17, 2002. Cost of opening the Alameda Corridor, linking the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach in California; Benefits of the Alameda Corridor opening to nearby chemical companies; Increase in the earnings before interest and taxes of...
- Europe in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/2/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 7, p5
Reports developments on the chemical plants of Brenntag AG and Cookson in Europe .
- Brenntag's Spanish step. // Chemical Week;7/30/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 29, p38
Reports that Brenntag will merge its two Spanish distribution subsidiaries, PQS and Guzman Iberica. Name of the company that will be formed by the merger; Its assets and sales; Percent of its share in the Spanish chemical distribution market.