Sasol halts sale of olefins/surfactants
- Sasol to Sell Former Condea Business. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;8/10/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the plan of Sasol to sell most of its olefins and surfactants unit, excluding alpha olefins activities in South Africa, as of August 2005. Products of the business unit; Reason for the sale of the unit; Joint venture being planned by the unit with Wilmar for production of...
- Sasol to sell olefins and surfactants. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;12/19/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2175, p6
The article reports on the plan of Sasol to sell its olefins and surfactants business in the second half of 2006. The business combined the RWE-DEA plants bought in 2001 in Germany, Italy and the U.S. with Sasol detergent alcohols plant in South Africa. According to Sasol, the business is...
- Sasol Considers Surfactants Options. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/15/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the plan of Sasol to divest parts of its olefins and surfactants operation in Europe and North America. Decrease in the operating profit of the company's chemicals sector; Decline of linear alkylbenzene sales; Increase of costs in kerosene and benzene.
- Sasol sees short-term lift in polymers. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;3/15/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2091, p9
Focuses on the outlook of South Africa's Sasol on its polymers and olefins and surfactants (O&S) businesses for 2004. Strength in prices in the polymers business, according to CEO Pieter Cox; Outlook of Cox on the company's O&S business; Financial performance of Sasol's chemicals division in...
- Sasol sale of olefins and surfactants unit likely. Lazell, Mark // ICIS Chemical Business;3/13/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p12
This article reports on the optimism of Sasol on the sale of its Germany-based olefins and surfactants (O&S) chemicals unit in September, as of March 2006. Several interested buyers have expressed an interest in the division. Sasol announced last August that it was considering the sale of its...
- Sasol writes down O&S value pre-sale. Newmarch, Jocelyn // ICIS Chemical Business;9/11/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 34, p7
This article reports on the depreciation of the value of the Olefins & Surfactants business of energy and petrochemicals group Sasol. Increased oil and energy costs have depressed the operating performance of O&S and, as a result, reduced the potential value of the business. According to the...
- Crompton to Sell Surfactants. Walsh, Kerri; Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;6/7/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 22, p9
Focuses on the plan of Crompton to sell its industrial specialties business. Businesses retained by the company; Details on the surfactants produced by the company; How the company intends to use the proceeds.
- Sasol to Keep Olefins Unit. // Chemical Week;4/4/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the move by Sasol Co. to withdraw its planned sale of its olefins and surfactants (O&S) business. Sasol has called off plans to sell its $3-billion/year O&S business. Sasol says it has identified restructuring and other opportunities to improve business performance at the...
- Sasol mulls divestment of alkylates. // European Chemical News;9/15/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2068, p9
Reports the plans of chemical company Sasol to divest its alkylates business in 2003. Factor that influenced the disinvestment plan; Earnings expected from the move; Financial performance of the other business units of Sasol.