TOP STORIES FROM ICIS news
- Reliance, Exxon Seek IPCL Stake. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;6/9/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 22, p23
Reports on the competition between Reliance Industries and Exxon Chemical in acquiring a stake in Indian Petrochemicals Corp. (IPCL). Amount of the stake offered by the Indian government; Percent decline in Indian Petrochemicals' net profit for the year ended March 31, 1999.
- GLOBAL ROUNDUP. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;5/2/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 489, p5
Presents updates on the chemical industry in Asia as of May 2005. Progress of a feasibility study for an ethylene steam cracking train of ExxonMobil Chemical in Singapore; Stability of the operating rate of Taiwan Polypropylene; Profits posted by Reliance Industries for the fiscal year ending...
- Exxon moves on ASEAN ethylene projects. // Chemical Week;7/26/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 3, p28
Reports on Exxon Chemical's expansion plan in Southeast Asia. Ethylene plant project in Singapore; Potential project with Petronas in Malaysia; Aromatics being studied in Thailand.
- Exxon Chemical Begins Production of High-Purity Cyclopentane. // Appliance Manufacturer;Jul99, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p19
Announces the manufacturing of cyclopentane blowing agent by Exxon Chemical in Canada at its Sarnia, Ontario plant. Some uses of the product.
- Exxon eyes Asian projects. // Chemical Business;Aug97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p60
Reports that Exxon Chemical Company is eyeing several Asian projects beyond its Singapore Chemical complex announced in March 1997. Details on the expansion plans in Asia.
- Exxon plans more China ventures, eyes ASEAN projects. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;5/24/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 20, p18
Reports on Exxon's expansion of its chemical ventures in China. Location of Exxon's proposed plants; Exxon's search for partners for its venture; Aromatics projects of Exxon in Southeast Asia.
- Exxon goes ahead with Thai p-xylene. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;1/21/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 3, p25
Details the plan of the Exxon company to build a para-xylene plant in Thailand. Capacity of the plant; Aims of the company for such plan; Remarks of Edward G. Galante of Esso about the integration of the plant with the existing refinery.
- ExxonMobil Expands Aromatics Capacity in Rotterdam. // Chemical Week;10/3/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 32, p21
The article reports that ExxonMobil Chemical has announced that it will increase its para-xylene capacity by 25% and benzene capacity by 20% at its Botlek facility in the port of Rotterdam. The company says it will start work on the project by the end of 2007. Matt Aguiar, vice president/basic...
- BASIC CHEMICALS & PLASTICS. // Chemical Week;1/4/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 1, p35
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry including Albemarle starting a high-viscosity polyalphaolefins (PAO) unit at Pasadena, Texas under a supply agreement with ExxonMobil Chemical, and propane distributor Inergy LP acquiring Uberty Propane LP and agreeing to purchase the...