Engineering a Fan-Wall Solution
- VINTAGE ELECTRIC FANS. Elvgren, Jennifer Riesmeyer // Country Living;Aug2000, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p47
Focuses on the 1920s to 1950s models of electric fans.
- New Way to Ventilate Skyscrapers. // ASHRAE Journal;Aug2012 Ashrae Insights, p1
The article discusses the use of a fan apparatus to ventilate tall office buildings.
- Fans. // Australian House & Garden;Nov2010, p38
Photographs of several fans and ventilation systems including a Tornado chrome-aluminium fan, an Airpod portable airconditioner, and a Vornadofan VF20 powder-coated steel air circulator are presented.
- Maintain fans, save energy. PETERSEN, DANA // Wallaces Farmer;May2013, Vol. 138 Issue 5, p48
The article reflects on the need of energy-efficient ventilation fans to manage swine's as the poor air quality and quantity leads to stress on pigs and increases the production cost.
- SMARTER VENTILATION: MOISTURE SENSOR/MULTI-FAN SYSTEM. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/1/2007, Vol. 258 Issue 1, p26
The article features the Ultra-Silent humidity sensing fan from Broan-Nutone and offers information on noise level and performance.
- Back to Basics. Ellis, Rebecca; Mckew, Howard // Engineered Systems;Aug2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p11
Presents basic information on negative exhaust air pressure/ventilation system. Design; Manual fan control; Thermostatic fan control.
- High Air Flow with Minimal Noise. Remich Jr., Norman C. // Appliance Manufacturer;Mar2000, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p47
Focuses on the Galaxy DC tubeaxial fan designed to accommodate high-performance airflow requirements. Features; Availability; Motor voltages; Operating temperature range. INSET: Innovations.
- AMCA's Fan Efficiency Grades: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions. // ASHRAE Journal;Sep2011, Vol. 53 Issue 9, Special section p8
The article presents questions and answers related to fan efficiency grade (FEG) including how FEG ratings are calculated, its use, and the codes or standards refer to FEG ratings.
- For Fans of Attic Fans. Cox Jr., William T. // Old House Journal;May/Jun2000, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p45
Provides guidelines in maintaining an attic fan. Strategy for achieving complete air circulation and exchange in households using fans; Identification of fan motor specifications on speed, power output and rotation direction; Determination of fan bearings; Examination of fatigue signs in the...