Steam Humidification: Reducing Energy Use, Heat Gain, Condensate
- MORE COMFORT, LESS ENERGY. Miodonski, Bob // Plumbing & Mechanical;Aug2010, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p40
The article offers information regarding the low-mass radiators. It states that the low-mass radiator is designed with a larger contact area between copper tube and corrugated aluminum fin. It works on lower water temperatures and allow a condensing boiler to work always in condensing mode....
- Rethinking TRVs for steam systems. HOLOHAN, DAN // Supply House Times;Jan2017, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p84
The author discusses considerations on the use of thermostatic radiator valves (TRVs) for steam systems, which he discussed in his 19992 book "The Lost Art of Steam Heating." Topics include the two parts of a TRV, its use to prevent overheating, and tips from Paul Shay of A Real Good Plumber in...
- Real Freeze Protection. Cheney, Jeff // Paint & Coatings Industry;Sep2014, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p52
The article features the Powerblanket, a heating blanket for the freeze protection of epoxy and other coatings.
- Coatings for thermo-reinforcement of heatproofing materials and quasiplastic ceramics. Solntsev, S.; Rozenenkova, V.; Mironova, N. // Glass & Ceramics;Mar2007, Vol. 64 Issue 3/4, p140
Thermo-reinforcing coatings based on ceramic-forming polymers and oxygen-free modifying refractory nanoparticles are investigated. It is established that thermo-reinforcing coatings increase the working temperatures of fibrous heat-insulating materials by 300â€“500Â°C and increase the...
- COATINGS R&D NOTEBOOK. Collier, Harvest L. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Dec2002, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p56
Presents a question-and-answer advisory related to coatings. Identification of additives capable of giving coatings insulating properties; Differences between a grinding resin and a dispersing additive; Benefits of wax emulsions additives in coatings.
- Efficiency evaluation of thermal insulation use in cryolithic zone mine openings. Galkin, Aleksandr // Metallurgical & Mining Industry;2015, Issue 10, p234
The efficiency of thermal insulation use in underground openings of cryolithic zone was evaluated. The measure of heat flow rate reduction from air to rocks was used as efficiency criterion. Influence of heat-insulating and heat-retaining coatings of the mine openings on rocks temperature...
- Electric process heating technologies taking industry into the future. Werther, Paul R. // Process Heating;Apr97, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p58
Talks about the development of energy-efficient process heating technologies. Industry's growing demand for electricity; Electric technologies that can be used for a variety of industrial processes; Electric infrared heating; Dielectric heating; Industrial process heat pumps.
- Mitsubishi Electric prepares heat pump for U.S. rollout. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/15/93, Vol. 188 Issue 7, p63
Reports on Mitsubishi Electric's display of its PCHY 64, a high-output inverter-driven split ductless heat pump. Promotion of system integration in multi-unit applications; Dual microprocessors in the remote; Electronic catalog containing the technical information and detailed drawings of...
- Education is the key for the boom in new-age hydronic technology. // Contractor Magazine;Jan1996, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p30
Argues that contractors should educate themselves about developments in hydronic technology to improve their business. Learning and studying available information from heating systems manufacturers; Making use of the knowledge by installing a floor-heating system at home.