UNA ESPECIE NUEVA DE ARISTOLOCHIA L., SUBSECCIï¿½N PENTANDRAE (ARISTOLOCHIACEAE) DE LA RESERVA DE LA BIOSFERA SIERRA DE MANANTLï¿½N, JALISCO, Mï¿½XICO
- Aristolochia altanii (Aristolochiaceae), a new species from Turkey. İLÇİM, Ahmet; BEHÇET, Lütfi; TOSUNOĞLU, Aycan // Turkish Journal of Botany;2015, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p835
Aristolochia altanii Ä°lÃ§im & BehÃ§et sp. nov. is described from Turkey and illustrated. The specimens were collected from KahramanmaraÅŸ in South Anatolia. The new species is closely related to A. guichardii and A. brevilabris. However, this species differs in some important...
- GALIUM RUTHENICUM WILLD. IN FLORA OF ROMANIA. Vaasile, Ciocârlan // Journal of Plant Development;2011, Vol. 18, p103
A newly identified species in the vascular flora of Romania, namely Galium ruthenicum Willd. is published now. This taxa has been identified in Tulcea county, Dobrudja province. It is grown on sunny, rocky places. It is also mentioned the differences against Galium verum L., a morphologically...
- SOME ENDEMÄ°C SPECÄ°ES ON THE FLORA AND VEGETATÄ°ON OF MÄ°RUSHA REGÄ°ON AND THEÄ°R CONDÄ°DÄ°ON BY IUCN. Krasniqi, Elez; Millaku, Fadil; Rexhepi, Ferat // International Journal of Ecosystems & Ecology Sciences;Sep2012, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p231
Mirusha region with its rich phytodiversity occupies a prominent place in the context of Kosovo's biodiversity. Within the flora and vegetation of the Mirusha region of significant value reflect endemic species of vascular flora. With few exceptions, most of these species developed in serpentine...
- Coincidence of Small-scale Spatial Discontinuities in Leaf Morphology and Nuclear Microsatellite Variation of Quercus petraea and Q. robur in a Mixed Forest. F. Gugerli; J.-C. Walser; K. Dounavi; R. Holderegger; R. Finkeldey // Annals of Botany;Apr2007, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p713
Background and Aims The taxon complex comprising Quercus petraea and Q. robur shows distinct morphologies and ecological preferences, but mostly low differentiation in various types of molecular markers at a broad spatial range. Local, spatially explicit analyses may reveal patterns induced by...
- Post-zygotic Reproductive Isolation Between Sympatric Taxa in the Chamaecrista desvauxii Complex (Leguminosae-Caesalpinioideae). Cristiana Barros Nascimento Costa; Sabrina Mota Lambert; Eduardo Leite Borba; Luciano Paganucci de Queiroz // Annals of Botany;Apr2007, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p625
Background and Aims Differences in the mating systems and the mechanisms of reproductive isolation between Chamaecrista desvauxii var. graminea and C. desvauxii var. latistipula were examined in the Chapada Diamantina, Brazil. These taxa occur sympatrically, and their populations demonstrate...
- accessory bud:. Gough, Robert E. // Glossary of Vital Terms for the Home Gardener;1993, p3
A definition of the term "accessory bud" is presented. It refers to a lateral bud formed at the base of a terminal bud or at the side of an axillary bud.
- limbing out:. Gough, Robert E. // Glossary of Vital Terms for the Home Gardener;1993, p58
A definition of the term "limbing out" is presented. It refers to the process of removing branches.
- Quercus rotundifolia Lam. and its forms in Extremadura, Spain. Vízquez, Francisco María; Espírrago, Francisco; López Márquez, Juan Alfonso; Jaraquemada, Fernando; Pérez, Maria del Carmen // International Oaks;Fall2000, Issue 11, p39
The article presents a study that describes eight ecotypes of Quercus rotundifolia occurring in Extremadura, Spain. The external morphological characteristics of the fruits are used as the bases of the differences between the oaks. The study also discussed a key to the identification of the...
- FLORA DE MENDOZA. Martínez Carretero, Eduardo // Multequina: Latin American Journal of Natural Resources;2010, Issue 19, p105
No abstract available.