ESTUDIO ETNOBOTï¿½NICO DE ZAPOTITLï¿½N SALINAS, PUEBLA
- The Vascular Flora of Huggins Island, Onslow County, North Carolina. Kelly, Lisa // Castanea;Dec2006, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p295
Huggins Island, a Significant Natural Heritage Area in Onslow County, North Carolina, was incorporated into Hammocks Beach State Park in 1999. The 60 ha island has a long history of human activity, exemplified by shell middens, a Civil War earthen fortification, and farm clearings. An inventory...
- Introduction. // Exploring the Native Plant World: A Life Science Curriculum 5th-;2004, preceding p1
The article discusses various reports about plant communities published within this issue.
- The Blazing Star is ... // Blazing Star;2010, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p2
The article offers information regarding the journal "Blazing Star," published quarterly by the North American Native Plant Society (NANPS).
- Ethnobotany of the naranjilla (Solanum quitoense) and its relatives Heiser, Jr., Charles B. // Economic Botany;Jan/Mar1985, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p4
No abstract available.
- Ethnobotany and Biodiversity Conservation in the Niger Delta, Nigeria. // International Journal of Botany;2010, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p310
No abstract available.
- Phytosociological research of Quercus coccifera L. pseudomaquis on Mount Chortiatis, northern Greece. Chasapis, Minas; Karagiannakidou, Vasiliki; Theodoropoulos, Konstantinos // Israel Journal of Plant Sciences;2004, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p357
The phytosociology of Greek Quercus coccifera shrublands (pseudomaquis) has not been fully described yet and their syntaxonomy, syndynamics, and ecological interpretation still pose significant problems. Application of the Braun-Blanquet method on 93 relevï¿½s made on Mt. Chortiatis resulted...
- Divergent Changes in Plant Community Composition under 3-Decade Grazing Exclusion in Continental Steppe. Nianpeng He; Xingguo Han; Guirui Yu; Quansheng Chen // PLoS ONE;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p1
An understanding of the factors controlling plant community composition will allow improved prediction of the responses of plant communities to natural and anthropogenic environmental change. Using monitoring data from 1980 to 2009, we quantified the changes in community composition in Leymus...
- Cross-Cultural Ethnobiology in the Western Balkans: Medical Ethnobotany and Ethnozoology Among Albanians and Serbs in the PeÅ¡ter Plateau, SandÅ¾ak, South-Western Serbia. Pieroni, Andrea; Giusti, Maria Elena; Quave, Cassandra L. // Human Ecology: An Interdisciplinary Journal;Jun2011, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p333
n ethnobiological study concerning the medical ethnobotany and ethnozoology of two neighbouring communities of Serbians and Albanians living in the PeÅ¡ter plateau (south-western Serbia) was conducted, the latter representing a diasporic community that immigrated to the area approximately...
- Herb abundance and life-history traits in two contrasting alpine habitats in southern Norway. Austrheim, Gunnar; Evju, Marianne; Mysterud, Atle // Plant Ecology;Aug2005, Vol. 179 Issue 2, p217
Colonisation is often a critical stage in the life history of plants, and recruitment success is expected to have a strong impact on plant frequencies especially among herbs. Several plant traits (seed size, plant height, leaf dry weight and specific leaf area) are suggested to be functionally...