Beckham explains why you need fish for brains
- EPAX fishes FOR FUNCTIONALITY. Schultz, Hank // Functional Ingredients;Apr2010, Issue 97, p49
The article discusses the Omega-3 supplement production company EPAX. EPAX has established itself as a world leader in the supplements industry due to their line of fish oil products which are high in docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). EPAX focuses on condition-specific...
- Are Fish-Oil Pills as Good as Eating Fish for Omega-3s? // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Mar2008, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p6
The article discusses a research on fish-oil capsules. The study has found that fish-oil capsules are as effective as eating fish for enriching the blood and other body tissues with health-promoting omega-3 fatty acids. However, the researchers have cautioned that their results do not mean that...
- fish oil vs. fish. // Better Nutrition;May2005, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p21
This article reports that according to a Canadian study, fish oil capsules contain the beneficial fatty acids in high concentrations. Fish oil capsules contain about 30 times the amount of omega-3 fatty acids found in a serving of fish.
- Omega-3 market spirals. Albert, Terri // Nutraceuticals Now;Autumn2013, p39
The article reveals the market growth and global demand for omega-3 products, according to a report published by Transparency Market Research as of September 2013. Topics discussed are the delivery formats for omega-3 supplements such as deodorized fish oil, capsules, solid doses, the advantages...
- Urging On OMEGAS. O'Donnell, Claudia Dziuk // Prepared Foods;May2003, Vol. 172 Issue 5, pNS11
Provides information regarding omega-3 fatty acids. Promotion of omega-3 fatty acids by the food and dietary supplement industries; Benefits of the fatty acids for human health; Food products rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Foods Containing Fish Oil Gain Popularity. // Dairy Foods;Apr2005, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p58
Reports that Ocean Nutrition Canada Ltd., the Canadian supplier of MEG-3 Brand Omega-3 Eicosapentaenoic acid/Docosahexaenoic acid food and dietary supplement ingredients, has purchased an existing facility in Arcadia, Wisconsin, in a major expansion in the United States. Growing demand in the...
- Smoked Fish. // Natural Solutions;Jun/Jul2011, Issue 135, p13
The article discusses the health benefits of eating smoked fish, such as maintenance of the composition of omega-3 fatty acids through the smoking process, which in turn decreases triglyceride levels, slows the growth rate of atherosclerotic plaques and slightly lowers blood pressure.
- THROW IT BACK! // Men's Health;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p31
The article offers information on a new study which found that small, oily fishes contain high levels of heart-healthy omega-3s and house less mercury than their big brothers.
- FROZEN FISH-OIL CAPSULES. SMITH, ERYN K. // Clinical Advisor;Jan2012, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p50
The article discusses the advantage of the frozen pill of omega-3 fish-oil, which helps to lessen its aftertaste, softens in the upper intestine, and offers effectivity.